200 EFI randomly dying at idling and WOT

<EDIT: "Real" Serial Number is 0T996594 (2.5 EFI Saltwater XL Shaft)>

So I’ve been trying to chase down an issue have a twin 2005 200 EFI setup 0T996000. Been trying to eliminate problem piece by piece. Port motor will die at completely random rpms it seems. Idling in no wake. Die 5-10 mins restart die again another 5. Cruising coming up on plane. Will run for 5-10 mins. Die. Restart. Die again. Dies much faster trying to push any kind of speed seems to die relatively quickly when I try to push boat up over 4k rpm.
    checked battery. Changed battery first one had low CCA. Replaced filters plugs. Checked spark all good. Compression 140 across. Rebuilt the fuel diaphragm pump which seemed to help, seemed to extend the times between dying. But it’s so random. Might die while trying to dock. Or trying to ride on plane.
    anyone got suggestion where to look next?
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-16-2024 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Serial Number

2. Member
    respectfully 0T996000 is a carb 150 xr6 also a 2005 200 should be a 3.0L engine
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I didn’t know the last 3 digits off top of my head but here’s the tag
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    do a fuel psi test when problem is occurring watch for drop in pressure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

TO be proactive I would:
    Replace the MPR and save the old one for a spare
    inspect the cannon plug for pushed out pins, spread the male ones with an exacto knife point and apply stabilent 22 to all the pins, google it
    Inspect the fuses for any indication of a poor connection (burnt or melting at the contact area)
    While on the water do just what Joe said
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-16-2024 at 07:13 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh