Nitro z19 vs Triton 19 trx

Been looking at upgrading from my old fish and ski and I have been looking at a lot of boats, not a tournament fisherman just someone that is getting closer to retiring and hopefully will be fishing more. I am currently looking at some 2023 boats that are on clearance from Basspro, the z19 and the triton 19trx. I have looked at both and feel like the quality is better and its real noticeable on the trailer but the price difference is about 5k. There is a lot of electronic upgrades that I can do for 5k. The nitro does come with the upgraded dual axle trailer.

I guess my main question is the nitro trailers good enough, are there upgrades that can be done to make them better etc. I think the is somewhat better just having a hard time justifying the 5k delta, lol.

Not bashing brands etc, just looking for opinions on how well things have held up etc, thanks.

2. Member
    The Triton for sure, bigger, faster hull, rides better and has a 225 vs a 200.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    The Triton for sure, bigger, faster hull, rides better and has a 225 vs a 200.
    The ones I am looking at both have 200 proxs, I dont need the speed etc...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bishoptf View Post
    The ones I am looking at both have 200 proxs, I dont need the speed etc...
    Go with the Nitro then, never buy an underpowered bass boat.

5. Member
    In your situation, buy the better boat (Triton) & don’t worry about the max hp.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

6. Member
    I have a 19XS which is the same hull with a 225hp on it, I certainly wouldn't want it if it only had a 200 on it. It's a great boat though, rides good, plenty of room, stable and good storage capacity.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I have a 19XS which is the same hull with a 225hp on it, I certainly wouldn't want it if it only had a 200 on it. It's a great boat though, rides good, plenty of room, stable and good storage capacity.
    You know its the same engine with just a different tune on it, maybe, 5mph faster (probably more like 2-3mph). Me running 50-55 not going to make any difference and the only difference will be at the top end speed. The merc 200 proxs vs proxs225 are both 8 cylinders with the major difference in the ECM setup. You could make an argument that resale will be better with the 225 vs 200 but they will be very close in performance.

8. Member
    My main concern was the trailer with the nitro, the ones I am looking at have the upgraded tandem trailer but I still think the Triton trailer is better. The 5k difference in price between the Nitro and the triton just has me thinking about it, I can get some nice electronic upgrades with that 5k.

9. Member
    Price them out w/ identical options….I was surprised when I did it….19trx patriot was a deal compared to z19 w/ same graphs, tm, piles, trailer step.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC