Fuse location on 1994 procraft 180pro - can't start Optimax 150

I have a 1994 Procraft 180pro. Have owned it since 2000 and taken good care of it. Always winterize, etc.. I'm trying to see if there's a fuse box somewhere that I can't find. the reason being is I have a 2008 Mercury Optimax 150hp. I purchased this engine new and have taken very good care of it. It has been a tremendous engine without any issues. This past week I dropped it in the water for the first time. Had a very hard time starting it. Usual sequence is I turn the key on, sounds the alarm and then I turn it over to start it. The alarm sounded weak and barely started. I let it warm up like I always do (engine sounded great, pumping water) and after about 10 minutes at a very idle speed, I hit the throttle and it died immediately. From that point on I could never even get the alarm to turn on again. The connection feels completely dead. I have power to the dashboard as it lights up, I have power at the engine and can trim it up and down from the engine itself, but not from the controls.

I replaced the battery as it was getting old. Put a brand new battery in, charged it up and tried it again. Still no power at all to get it to turn over. No alarm, I checked for loose wiring and didn't find anything (though I'm not a mechanic), I checked the kill switch and made sure it was in place. I'm completely stumped and hoping someone could help guide me to a solution if they had a similar experience.

2. Member
    Bad kill switch or ignition switch? Check fuses under the engine cover.
    Last edited by bpicinc; 05-06-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    I checked those and they are all good. I feel like it is in the controls somewhere since it broke for good when I hit the throttle and never came back.