Question What is needed to connect a 2024 250 Pro XS to my Lowrance HDS Units?

I am repowering my Ranger boat going from an Evinrude G2 to a 2024 250 ProXS, Serial#3B425383. I am having a Vessel View Link module also installed so I can view information on my phone. My current engine is connected to my Lowrance HDS Live units and I’d like to know what I need to connect my new engine to be able to view the same as the Evinrude.
    Thanks for the information!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Vessel View LINK will not work with your phone. That would be Vessel View MOBILE.

Confirm which unit... because LINK is what works with your Lowrance units and NMEA-2000.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Is Vessel View Link the same as the Mercury Gateway Module or do I need that also?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Spook View Post
    Is Vessel View Link the same as the Mercury Gateway Module or do I need that also?
    Mercury Gateway Module is older tech...Get the VesselView Link, this is all you need to get your engine data onto your Lowrance, you do not need both.
    You can have the VesselView Mobile and VesselView link...the former puts the info on your phone, the latter on your Lowrance.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

You need to know what you want and the proper terminology. Most dealers do not know! Most do not even understand that there are multiple variations under the “Vessel View” umbrella. You were smart for asking here. Don is the expert. To me, it sounds like you want VESSEL VIEW LINK so you will need that module (plus cables) and an operating NMEA2000 network to get data on your Lowrance units. Do not be distracted by gateway modules, vessel view mobile or other options that do not have near the capabilities of Vessel View Link!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Thanks for all your replies! That’s why I go to this site. I decided to go with the Vessel View Link and I already have an operating NMEA network that was providing my Lowrance units with the Evinrude information.

7. Member
    Is vv mobile able to feed data to lowrance graphs?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Is vv mobile able to feed data to lowrance graphs?
    No, though there will likely be a different device taking over the functionality of VVM and that provides a possibility once that occurs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    No, though there will likely be a different device taking over the functionality of VVM and that provides a possibility once that occurs.
    new device coming soon?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It's already out (and has been for a while now). Has NMEA-2000, Bluetooth AND Wireless. But that's just the hardware side (firmware may not be released for some time).