Will painted accent panels from 450r fit a 2021 200 pro xs v8?

Sorry, don’t have engine serial number at the moment.

Hoping someone on here might know if these pieces are interchangeable or not.

After trying and failing a couple times to install center decals on motor, saw these surplus OEM colored motor accent panels. Trying to figure out if will work on my motor. Only $360 bucks vs $700 retail.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/me...t-450r-red-kit

they are from a 450r, I have a 2021 pro xs v8 four stroke. Trying to figure out if cowls are same or not and if these would work.

Figure could peel off the 450 decals. Mainly just want some color contrast on motor.

Thanks

2. Member
    look like they stick on the covers already there with 2 sided tape likely? look thin in pictures?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Mercury sells a “accent panel” kit that is adhesive backed panels that go down center of cowl. Basically adds some color. I saw this set for a 450r and am trying to figure out if this set will work on a regular 200 proxs V8.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    <EDIT- Turns out they're different>... but don't go try to fish a tournament with a 450r decal on your engine.....

For future reference- please be sure to provide the Required Info when posting (serial number). Good idea to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum for this and other important info. Thanks!
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-16-2024 at 05:32 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    <EDIT- Turns out they're different>... but don't go try to fish a tournament with a 450r decal on your engine.....

For future reference- please be sure to provide the Required Info when posting (serial number). Good idea to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum for this and other important info. Thanks!
    Depends on the tournament, I fish plenty with an actual 450R on the back of my boat
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 05-16-2024 at 05:32 PM.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Ya, just want to change the color. No delusions of grandeur. Would take the 450 stickers off. 200 hp is plenty, low 70s is more than enough for me. Just feel like the motor could use some color.

I talked to basscat, they said the 450r cowl is bigger than the normal V8. Looks like the accent panel kits for v8 200-300hp will work though.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing that- after cross referencing the part numbers and running a "where used" search, the part numbers for the 450R cowling and accent panels are shown for ONLY the 450R.

So... learned something new today, too!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    I found a set of V8 300r panels on ebay for $150, gonna have a friend paint them to match boat. Should look good.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unravels View Post
    I found a set of V8 300r panels on ebay for $150, gonna have a friend paint them to match boat. Should look good.
    I did the same thing on my 300R. I had the accent panels painted a blue color to match the graphics on my boat. I actually asked the Checkmate factory to do it for me before I picked the boat up.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unravels
    Respectfully: Please read the Announcements at the top of the Forum as pertains to the 'Bay and the 'Zon. We ARE going to be cracking down on that this year as it's consuming far too much time for those of us that help out here. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-02-2024 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Clarification for Pulsare2020

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unravels

Respectfully: Please read the Announcements at the top of the Forum as pertains to the 'Bay and the 'Zon. We ARE going to be cracking down on that this year as it's consuming far too much time for those of us that help out here. Just an FYI.
    What did I do wrong, Don? Checkmate supplied my 300R and it came with the red Mercury accent panels. Checkmate painted the original red mercury panels blue to match the colors on my boat. They are not from ebay???
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 06-02-2024 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Corrected "Quote Syntax"
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2020 View Post
    What did I do wrong, Don? Checkmate supplied my 300R and it came with the red Mercury accent panels. Checkmate painted the original red mercury panels blue to match the colors on my boat. They are not from ebay???
    Absolutely nothing. The Quote I referred to was "Unravels"

13. Member
    Absolutely nothing. The Quote I referred to was "Unravels"
    Sorry for the question, Don. I missed the author of the quote, the issue was mine. To those painting their accent panels, Checkmate sent me additional red accent panels that they never used but still had the decals. I used fishing line to remove the mercury decal and 300R decals and then I had to apply doube faced tape to each letter and number and attach them to my painted panels. I think you can purchase those decals from Mercury as well.
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

14. Member
    No problem, didn’t realize was verboten.