Lakemaster VX-Apex

When turning on my Apex, the Lakemaster VX is never ready to go. I have to pop it out, then back in before the unit recognizes it. Is this the norm?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I sometimes have issues with this myself. I find that it works better in slot 2 than it does in slot 1. If you have multiple units, you might also try one of the other units. Apex will share maps so, no matter which unit the map card is in, all units will have access to it.

Also, there are a couple of things that take a minute or two to start working properly even after the Apex is booted and appears ready to go.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I sometimes have issues with this myself. I find that it works better in slot 2 than it does in slot 1. If you have multiple units, you might also try one of the other units. Apex will share maps so, no matter which unit the map card is in, all units will have access to it.

Also, there are a couple of things that take a minute or two to start working properly even after the Apex is booted and appears ready to go.
    Mine is already in slot two. I'll try it in slot one to see if if makes any difference. It might be something they need to address in the next update.
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    All 3 units of mine: 2-Apex 13's at bow and 1- Helix 15 at console have no issue with the VX Premium cards.
    But, I have 3 identical cards, all in slot 1, so I don't have to worry about network boot time lag.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    All 3 units of mine: 2-Apex 13's at bow and 1- Helix 15 at console have no issue with the VX Premium cards.
    But, I have 3 identical cards, all in slot 1, so I don't have to worry about network boot time lag.
    Wait... this is something new I haven't seen. Are you saying that things boot faster with a card in every slot 1? What about Slot 2?

I also have a data card in slot one on each of my Apex units for Snapshots and Sonar Recordings, but I have never heard that it improved things in any way.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Wait... this is something new I haven't seen. Are you saying that things boot faster with a card in every slot 1? What about Slot 2?

I also have a data card in slot one on each of my Apex units for Snapshots and Sonar Recordings, but I have never heard that it improved things in any way.
    I didn't test with or without scenarios. Just stating I just don't have any issue with booting up this way. Everything comes right up after initial boot.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    VX cards and Apex's are a known software issue per Humminbird support when I talked to them about my issue where other networked Apex's won't share maps. Also my apex won't boot if Vx card is inserted.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar76 View Post
    VX cards and Apex's are a known software issue per Humminbird support when I talked to them about my issue where other networked Apex's won't share maps. Also my apex won't boot if Vx card is inserted.
    They apparently don't do much testing before releasing things. This should not be an issue with their flagship offering!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I have the exact same issue with my brand new Apex. Need to reinsert the card each time after startup for it to recognize it. However, I also own a Garmin, and they have their software update problems too, on the most obvious of things.