2. Member
    Should know the laws before you go somewhere and not carry prohibited items. Come on how can you make a "mistake" like that. I know what is in my bags pockets etc.
    play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Do any of you remember when David Fritts was stopped crossing into Mexico and the Federales found one or two stray .22 shells under his truck seats? If I recall, he was arrested and had to pay big bucks to be released.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    That’s pretty stiff penalty for just A few bullets.

5. Member
    Don’t see this as any different than BG going to Russia with pot. If you are traveling to a foreign country you best check your stuff and know their laws. Despite Americans high opinions of ourselves not everyone is a fan and you will be prosecuted if you cross the line.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I once had a few pistol cartridges in my vehicle when traveling to Canada deer hunting.They somehow
    missed them when searching my vehicle. I found them while
    in Canada and gave them a pitch.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

7. Member
    TSA has a huge job screening luggage of passengers, and things like this are being missed.

T&C screeners have a much easier job, far less people to screen.

I remember my wife and I were flying, had packed our bags, and while I was putting her bag into the car to go to the airport she saw a pair of my jeans sitting folded on a chair, put them in my bag. She didn’t realize there was a pocket knife in the jeans.

I was pulled aside when the bag was screened, they asked if I had a weapon in my bag. I said no, they showed me the pocket knife. I explained what happened, luckily I had time to run out to the car and leave it.

8. Member
    the easy solution is to not go to foriegn countries that have banana republic laws the our country wont be put into a bind about getting you out of somewhere you didnt belong in the first place. a lot of the places have recommendations that you dont go to but folks do it anyway an our govt has to make another bad deal to get you back home.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    the easy solution is to not go to foriegn countries that have banana republic laws the our country wont be put into a bind about getting you out of somewhere you didnt belong in the first place. a lot of the places have recommendations that you dont go to but folks do it anyway an our govt has to make another bad deal to get you back home.
    Or just don’t be stupid and not check your bags for something as simple as some ammunition before you go on a trip. It’s not complicated. Our country would be a better place if more people were able to travel to other places in the world.

10. Member
    I used to do a lot of reloading when I shot trap along with the some muzzleloading powder around the house. I was always worried back when they were swabbing luggage for traces of explosives that they would find powder residue one one of my big hunting bags I would occasionally use for long family vacations.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StretcherJockey View Post
    Or just don’t be stupid and not check your bags for something as simple as some ammunition before you go on a trip. It’s not complicated. Our country would be a better place if more people were able to travel to other places in the world.
    And Stayed There !