New Ghost about to be thrown in the lake

Finally get the electronics working and now the motor won’t seat when deployed and therefore when I turn it on it raises up out of the water. I’m jinxed.

2. Member
    No sir you've not been jinxed. This is where we turn a proper noun into a verb - You've been Lowranced!!!

Actually.... You probably need to level the mount, by inserting washers or spacers,or pay close attention to the sequence you tighten the mount bolts when installing. Sounds like it has a twist in it.

3. Member
    Mine does that sometimes when I’m too gentle dropping it in… I’ve learned to trust the shock and let it drop, and most of the time it seats properly. If not, I pull the cord and step on the frame to help it out.

4. Member
    I have slammed it it just will not go down. The clip won’t go to the bottom slot that locks it.

5. Member

Photo

Is there supposed to be this gap when the motor sits in the mount at the front?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    It’s got something to do with the little silver clip at the end of the spring. I got it to seat after taking the head off but know it won’t come up!

7. Member
    I figured it out!!! The silver clip has a piece that you have to hold down while setting the head on the mount. Maybe I skipped over that part in the instructions. Wow! What a day.
    Also hit an underwater ski rope that stopped my prop from turning. I was going very slow so no damage.

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSteed View Post
    I figured it out!!! The silver clip has a piece that you have to hold down while setting the head on the mount. Maybe I skipped over that part in the instructions. Wow! What a day.
    Also hit an underwater ski rope that stopped my prop from turning. I was going very slow so no damage.

That was what I told you on your very first rant thread, you insisted that you followed the directions.

10. Member
    Excellent.
    When the Ghost first came out the instructions were very vague. And not any you tube installations except for Ish Monroe having one which was pretty much useless.
    Hopefully the installation instructions are much clearer now.
    You will like your Ghost.
    One good tip if you fish a lot of rough water is to drill and tap that stem for 3/8 and install a TH Marine troll tamer.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    That was what I told you on your very first rant thread, you insisted that you followed the directions.
    Thanks for reminding me. Show me in the instruction manual please. I must have skimmed over it. Hopefully it is there for others to follow properly.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSteed View Post
    Thanks for reminding me. Show me in the instruction manual please. I must have skimmed over it. Hopefully it is there for others to follow properly.

page 9 on this link. (https://wintronelectronics.com/media...tionManual.pdf)

I’ll post a pic in a minute, it would be easy to skip over this instruction. Push it down and then bolt the head assembly on. You should be good to go now, make sure you do the 3 calibrations. You’ll have to YouTube how to do them or search the internet.

edit:

13. Member
    Geez, follow the directions and this whole thread could have been avoided.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    Geez, follow the directions and this whole thread could have been avoided.
    2 whole threads at that
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Installation is pretty simple if one will sit down and read the installation manual before starting, a lot of headaches could be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Installation is pretty simple if one will sit down and read the installation manual before starting, a lot of headaches could be avoided.
    Said no man ever---especially at Christmas time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    I admit I did too much skimming. It is pretty simple.