Thread: Rain gear

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Rain gear

My 200 MPH jacket let me down this weekend. I had Huk rain suit under it also and still it leaked. Both had been sprayed with repellent also. What gear will keep you dry?

Tks

I prefer Simms. I have both the Challenger and the Pro Dry. Love em both.

3. Member
    Simms + Gore-tex = gooooood stuff
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

4. Member
    I have 100mph gear and im yet to get wet aside from right around the cuffs in the 8-10 years ive had it
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    What’s your budget? I believe the best made is Outdoor Research, specifically their Infiltrator jacket and their Hemispheres bibs. Both incorporate some stretch Goretex, they are made with the best 3L goretex, have they best waterproof zippers, are immaculately sewn and taped/sealed. The hood is the best design with the drawstrings in the perfect place to keep water out and keep the hood and visor right where you need it to be able to move, turn your head and see. They are not cheap however. The jacket is $800 by itself. I have Arcteryx, Simms, Cabelas, North Face, Triple Aught Design and Gill and the OR is the best. I can comment on any others and compare them if you have any specific ones you were looking at.

6. Member
    I’m using the bass pro 100mph. Warm and dry so far. I dont tournament fish though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I prefer Simms. I have both the Challenger and the Pro Dry. Love em both.

The best of both worlds Challenger and ProDry!!!

I’ve had 100mph, Cabela’s Guide Series and Simms Pro Dry. Simms is the lightest, driest and most comfortable. Also the most expensive.

My 100MPH suit from BPS keeps me dry but is falling apart after 4-5 years of light use. I will look at other options next time.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

10. Member
    I have accumulated several brands of rain suits over the years. I have 2 Gore Tex suits, both over 10 years old and both perform great. One is light (summer) and one is heavy(winter). What ever you look at I’d highly recommend Gore Tex. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

11. Member
    I have accumulated several brands of rain suits over the years. I have 2 Gore Tex suits, both over 10 years old and both perform great. One is light (summer) and one is heavy(winter). What ever you look at I’d highly recommend Gore Tex. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

12. Banned
    i have 100 mph bibs they are ok The 200mph jacket is no good period. Will look at Simms.

Rivers West apparel is the best I have ever worn. Let me know if you are interested.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

14. Member
    My Guidewear Lite still has a little life in it. Give your suits the Sportwash/Dry/Spray/Hot dryer treatment. Washing with detergent or spraying a dirty suit will leave ya wet!

15. Member
    My Simms Pro Dry has been excellent. I also have several Gill products and they are top notch.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    My 500 HUK suit leaks like crazy. Just bought a (still new) Gil tournament suit of a guy on here. Looks very well made compared to the huk. Going to try it out Saturday (sposed to rain)
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bngolfen View Post
    My 200 MPH jacket let me down this weekend. I had Huk rain suit under it also and still it leaked. Both had been sprayed with repellent also. What gear will keep you dry?

Tks

I'd head to a local Golf Course or Country Club and get some good Golf raingear, something to move around in e.g. FootJoy™ You should be able to score around the Discount Golf Shops in/around Myrtle Beach.

How HOT did You get wearing both? Probably lost a few pounds in perspiration??

WestMarine™ also has some good stuff..

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Had cabelas guidwear for years then bought a set of simms pro dry. Awesome stuff
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Member
    Look into hiking gear. You’ll probably want a fleece underneath but they will be more waterproof than the gear targeting fisherman. I’d suggest Marmot, Mountain Hardwear and if you have the extra cash, look into Arc’teryx
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Look into hiking gear. You’ll probably want a fleece underneath but they will be more waterproof than the gear targeting fisherman. I’d suggest Marmot, Mountain Hardwear and if you have the extra cash, look into Arc’teryx
    All of those companies make excellent gear! To be honest, my Simms Pro Dry is as good as my Arcteryx but it is almost the same price.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast