Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a Toadface and like it a lot. If it broke, I would buy it again or get a Megabass PP.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Member
    I'm very happy with the ALX Toadface. It is a great frog rod and is my go to rod for swim jigs. I now have 3 Toadface.

3. Member
    I have enjoyed throwing my new St. Croix Victory 7'4" heavy-fast this summer so far.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

4. Member
    I have two Toadface rods. One for frogs and one for swimming jigs. They excel at both of those applications. The one thing I would like to have would be a long handle. Just to be able to tuck it under the arm pit on hooksets better. I suppose you could get a custom one like that???

Also just bought the kid a Daiwa Tatula Elite 7'4" Ish frog rod for his birthday. That's a really really nice rod also.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

5. Member
    I had a custom Toadface, very nice rod I just never loved it like others do. Have the new Tatula AGS 7'4" paired with a Zillion and like it a lot. Seems to cast a little longer, the grip and handle are a little smaller diameter, rod is lighter weight, and has a slightly heavier tip but still loads well through the blank. You can't go wrong with either one. If you want to have fun call Alex and have a rod built with a custom grip and color way. Dedicated frog rod I'm buying the Tatula AGS again.

Alpha Angler Zilla
    Perfect Pitch in Orochi or Levante
    Daiwa Kage 7'4H
    Tatula XT 7'3H

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I bought a Powell Endurance 724cef as my frog rod. Itsa worm/jig rod, but works for all those scenarios you list. Heavy enough to fish the scum, but enough tip for target fishing.
    After using this one for a season I wouldn’t recommend as a frog rod. The s-fast tip is too stiff to work a frog and it fatigues my arm.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12