Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    There’s happy Vexus owners all over the country.
    Yes sir!
    It took me over an Hour to get out of the ramp parking lot yesterday. Everyone wanted to see and talk about Vexus boats. Even those who had no clue what a Vexus boat was had to stop and ask "Is that boat Aluminum"
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Yes sir!
    It took me over an Hour to get out of the ramp parking lot yesterday. Everyone wanted to see and talk about Vexus boats. Even those who had no clue what a Vexus boat was had to stop and ask "Is that boat Aluminum"
    That part of owning a Vexus is awesome right now, I have overheard other fishermen talking and stating things like "A Vexus will be there next boat", "Oh look the new Vexus" all kinds of small statements and have had people come out of there way to come complement or ask questions about it.

Has happened so much I get slightly annoyed at this point but I guess its part of having the brand new toy.

3. Member
    Yes, I thought the comments, questions, and admiration was just because my AVX1980/G2 was new in 04/2019. Well, it is still going on as it looks like new and still gets the same amount of attention. People want to really look it over and ask questions. They recognize this is a well made and designed aluminum boat like nothing they have ever seen before.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

I told some guy that was looking at my boat not to get one if he does not like talking to people. I was inside a pizza place and he came in to ask me about it. It never stops. The ramp and gas stations you always get the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    I told some guy that was looking at my boat not to get one if he does not like talking to people. I was inside a pizza place and he came in to ask me about it. It never stops. The ramp and gas stations you always get the questions.
    So the key is to never stop when going to and from the lake. Get gas late at night and launch in the dark! Got it! Haha
    Probably should start a new thread on this phenomenon!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    It’s funny that when I was driving it back from the dealer after the purchase. My wife kept seeing people turning their heads to watch it go by, and a couple of people actually gave her a thumbs up. That was when I first new the Vexus boat gets attention. Then I discovered that it is not uncommon for fishermen to leave their rig on the ramp after pulling out, and come running up to see it and ask questions.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

7. Member
    Buy a Vexus, and you will become a people person, like it or not.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Well, I happen to think none should break.You expect your tires to stay on your car dont you? But when you over pay for aluminum you should get more
    Agreed. Good comparison. Yes, absolutely this is the expectation. You can spend $1200 on a new set or $400 on a set of wal-mart specials. The higher end tires in most cases will ride better, give you better overall performance and many cases last longer. But they serve the same purpose. However, regardless of the tire brand or the amount of money you spend, they all are susceptible to road hazards, wear tear etc and unfortunately at some point you will have to have a tire repaired and/or replaced. They take a pounding on the road and will, not if, fail. This is why owners who trailer their boats a lot prefer tandem axles , just in case a tire fails going down the highway. Boats take the same amount of pounding on the water and will occasionally have something fail, again regardless of how much you spent. For many, the Vexus price point fits their budget just fine, every day I see 3-4 new owners posting up pics their boat Overpaying to me is dumping $250K on a boat just to surf behind it. But to the next guy, that is a great price point.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Cracked aluminum hulls is not a new issue. The hulls have gone from riveted with a 20hp to welded with 200 hp. Me and a friend both bought new 19' aluminum Skeeters in 99, both split. Skeeter replaced hulls. After 3 years, Skeeter abandoned the aluminum Bass Boat market. I then went to Express aluminum. Had 2 Express X 19's with 200hp. No problems. Express pioneered the high performance welded aluminum bass boat, been building them for close to 40 years. Aluminum is a very difficult metal to work with, it flexes and work hardens. I don't have a dog in this, I have moved on to a fiberglass boat. However, if I was in the market for a new aluminum boat I would choose a company that's been building them for 40 years, not a start up. The Vexus group have a strong background with fiberglass rigs, aluminum rigs are a new undertaking.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Cracked aluminum hulls is not a new issue. The hulls have gone from riveted with a 20hp to welded with 200 hp. Me and a friend both bought new 19' aluminum Skeeters in 99, both split. Skeeter replaced hulls. After 3 years, Skeeter abandoned the aluminum Bass Boat market. I then went to Express aluminum. Had 2 Express X 19's with 200hp. No problems. Express pioneered the high performance welded aluminum bass boat, been building them for close to 40 years. Aluminum is a very difficult metal to work with, it flexes and work hardens. I don't have a dog in this, I have moved on to a fiberglass boat. However, if I was in the market for a new aluminum boat I would choose a company that's been building them for 40 years, not a start up. The Vexus group have a strong background with fiberglass rigs, aluminum rigs are a new undertaking.
    Xpress is also building their boats with big hp out of .125” aluminum as well. .100” and bigger motors doesnt cut it im sorry it doesnt.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    How long had Ranger been building Aluminum rigs? Now think about who started Vexus and where they came from, and your "Start up" quote falls apart. Man and Machine will both fail at some point, deal with it and go on as everyone has had to do running into a factory defect issue......It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    How long had Ranger been building Aluminum rigs? Now think about who started Vexus and where they came from, and your "Start up" quote falls apart. Man and Machine will both fail at some point, deal with it and go on as everyone has had to do running into a factory defect issue......It happens.
    Since 2013? Yea thats a really long time......
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Since 2013? Yea thats a really long time......
    Come on Roy! Really! Ranger has been building boats for over 50 years. The leadership at Vexus from the top down are some of the best and most experienced in the business.
    The big three automobile manufactures have been making vehicles for much longer and still can’t get it right every time. Put a product in the hands of the public and crap happens no matter how much R&D goes into any product. It’s how the company handles the problem and what they do to make it better that proves their metal.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Come on Roy! Really! Ranger has been building boats for over 50 years. The leadership at Vexus from the top down are some of the best and most experienced in the business.
    The big three automobile manufactures have been making vehicles for much longer and still can’t get it right every time. Put a product in the hands of the public and crap happens no matter how much R&D goes into any product. It’s how the company handles the problem and what they do to make it better that proves their metal.
    If you will read carefully it says “aluminum rigs”. Well the rt series came out in 2013 so there you go. I dont believe they built their own aluminum line in the past they were made my someone else. And alot of things about those left alot to be desired too.........I think theres still some to be learned on these rigs too thats for sure. One guy having 2 cracked hull that would be totally inconvenient to me. They need to make their hulls thicker bottom line .100” isnt gonna hold up. Simply my opinion and im entitled to that everyone else is.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    Startup is spot on accurate. Don't let your emotions defy common sense. I am fully aware who started Vexus and where they came from. They have an excellent track record with fiberglass hulls. However Vexus is a startup company!!! Caymus is new offering by Earl, he's a legend. Caymus is a startup. Something you don't understand about startup??
    Last edited by electritek; 10-05-2020 at 10:39 PM.

3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

16. Member
    Earl is a banker. Claims to be a boat designer, does anyone know that to be a fact? He was a boat racer/driver. I can drive a bass hull fast, but know crap about designing one to go faster, other than more RPM's and lighter hulls. He has started and sold more boat companies than anyone here in the USA. Designer??? BANKER, WEALTHY BANKER!
    Not trying to stir the pot, just saying

17. Member
    Don't have a pony in this particular show.........BUT. I have busted two Xpress hulls, they built me a new hull and I broke it too. Split the welds all to hell on a Monarch and managed to fubar a Crestliner along the way. Moral of the story, aluminum as used in the semi-V mod-v combined with higher horsepower motors and rough water spells disaster damn near every time. I don't care who builds it or what their history with X brand boats is. The deep V hulls such as Lund don't pound as hard as the flatter designs, therefore applying less stress to the welds and joints. Cut the floor out of any welded aluminum bassboat that's seen much rough water and you'll be shocked at the number of cracks in/on the stringers or bracing. This isn't a Vexus issue at all, this is a relatively high performance aluminum boat issue. They ALL crack when subjected to rough water and speed. If you want an aluminum hull that is pretty much bullet proof, there are some custom fabricators in Louisiana that'll build you one to your specs out of 3/16" or possibly 1/4"

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmack View Post
    Don't have a pony in this particular show.........BUT. I have busted two Xpress hulls, they built me a new hull and I broke it too. Split the welds all to hell on a Monarch and managed to fubar a Crestliner along the way. Moral of the story, aluminum as used in the semi-V mod-v combined with higher horsepower motors and rough water spells disaster damn near every time. I don't care who builds it or what their history with X brand boats is. The deep V hulls such as Lund don't pound as hard as the flatter designs, therefore applying less stress to the welds and joints. Cut the floor out of any welded aluminum bassboat that's seen much rough water and you'll be shocked at the number of cracks in/on the stringers or bracing. This isn't a Vexus issue at all, this is a relatively high performance aluminum boat issue. They ALL crack when subjected to rough water and speed. If you want an aluminum hull that is pretty much bullet proof, there are some custom fabricators in Louisiana that'll build you one to your specs out of 3/16" or possibly 1/4"
    Couldn't agree with this more, and i don't have a stick in the fight either. Was in the walleye tournament world from 97-08 and i can tell you if it's aluminum, its gonna fall apart regardless of how it's put together, it's gonna get blown around pretty bad, and it's going to ride like crap compared to glass. From my eyes, i never understood why so many guys ran lund deep v's in that time span, you couldn't have paid me to fish walleye tournaments out of an aluminum boat!

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Couldn't agree with this more, and i don't have a stick in the fight either. Was in the walleye tournament world from 97-08 and i can tell you if it's aluminum, its gonna fall apart regardless of how it's put together, it's gonna get blown around pretty bad, and it's going to ride like crap compared to glass. From my eyes, i never understood why so many guys ran lund deep v's in that time span, you couldn't have paid me to fish walleye tournaments out of an aluminum boat!
    Cause a Lund deep V rides likes a cadillac compared to glass boats. I've had both, nothing rides better than a 2175 pro-v IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack View Post
    Spot on Cmack. The flatter high speed hulls flex, work harden and crack. It's a no brainer. The deep V's don't cause so much flex and stress. I don't care if the Vexus stafff put a man on the moon, they cant build an aluminum bass boat hull that will not stress crack!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast