2019 avx 1880 Merc 115 to many gas fumes and pressure buildup

So I'm getting a lot of fuel tank pressure build up and gas fumes anybody else having this issue??????
    Last edited by James 10; 08-28-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Pressure build up at the cap is normal. If the fumes you are smelling is after opening the cap....normal also. The new fuel systems build pressure by design, noticeably more in hot weather. If the fumes are there when the cap isn't open, are you smelling them in the battery box etc? If so, I would take it to your dealer and have them check it out.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Member
    I notice it all the time I even leave the battery compartment open but when I open front storage after it's been covered I smell fumes up there also and crazy amount of pressure comes on when I open the cap

4. Member
    Go down the page to the post that says gas leaks and you'll find your answer.

5. Member
    I read that not leaking any fuel out though just strong fumes I'm guessing it's not vented after they did the recall on the fuel line to the tank it's going back to dealer in a few weeks just wondered if anyone else was having the fumes too

6. Member
    No fumes in my 2020 1880 but definitely a lot of pressure when the cap is opened.