Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jerkbait rod for the vertically challenged

I have a friend that is only 5'2" ish range tall....anyone know of a 6 foot -6 foot 4" jerkbait rod?
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    Megabass cyclone is 6’6 but pretty easy to work with

3. Member
    Shortest I know of is a 6'6 Falcon Bucoo SR unless you find a shorter spinning rod to throw them on.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

4. Member
    Falcon and St. Croix both have some in the 6'7" to 6'9" range. If you can find a used one in great shape, they both had some in the 6'3" to 6'5" range on a few discontinued models which work very well!

Find a 6' pistol grip, worked well for my kid. I use them quite a bit too, much less fatigue snapping all day.

6. Member
    Bass Pro has a 6' crankbait rod, a 6' Bionic Blade, and some 6' rods in the less expensive series. When I am in my boat I use a 6' medium Bionic Blade, the rod is about 10 to 15 years old, casting weight is 1/4 to 5/8. When I'm fishing in somone elses boat I use a 6'6" rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Shortest I know of is a 6'6 Falcon Bucoo.
    I use the 6'6" MH Falcon BuCoo and like it a lot for jerkbaits. Somehow, I doubt if 3" shorter would be noticeably easier for your pal.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

8. Member
    The Daiwa Tatula rod in 6' 3" is an awesome rod for a 110 size jerkbait. (have two) I have not thrown a 78 size jerkbait with one yet, but I'm sure it will work very well with that size also.
    Got mine from the Tackle Trap. For the price point you can't beat it.

BamaBasser 294

I use the St Croix Mojo Bass topwater for my jerkbait rod too. It is 6'8" and will throw a small PoP-R or jerkbait a mile. It is the cheapest rod I own and one of my favorites for these techniques!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBasser 294 View Post
    The Daiwa Tatula rod in 6' 3" is an awesome rod for a 110 size jerkbait. (have two) I have not thrown a 78 size jerkbait with one yet, but I'm sure it will work very well with that size also.
    Got mine from the Tackle Trap. For the price point you can't beat it.

BamaBasser 294
    This 6'3 tatula is great.

Agreed on the Daiwa Tatula 6'3"M or the 6'6" M. They are very nice rods for the money. Add in the BBC10 discount code, and the fact that all Tatula rods and reels qualify for the Simms shirt promo, and you have a heck of a deal. Paired up with a Tatula SV TW, you'll be slinging some jerk baits!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Agreed on the Daiwa Tatula 6'3"M or the 6'6" M. They are very nice rods for the money. Add in the BBC10 discount code, and the fact that all Tatula rods and reels qualify for the Simms shirt promo, and you have a heck of a deal. Paired up with a Tatula SV TW, you'll be slinging some jerk baits!
    I ordered a couple of those Tatula reels from them. A great deal and those Daiwa shirts are sweet! Unlike most promotions that take forever to process and shipping costs as much as the shirts, the are a deal, run true to size, do not shrink and are nice quality.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

13. Member
    I have used an old 6' Mitchell pistol grip for 25 years. I bet I have caught half my smallies on that road. I also use it for square bills in tight spots. I'm 5'11 and don't anticipate changing rods until this one finally snaps. Then I'll find another glass 6' pistol grip. Easy handling. Very little fatigue and I never fight with it hitting my forearm.

14. Member
    Dobyns champion 634 or 635

15. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Loomis 782 is a great jerk rod

16. Member
    I don't buy the straight down jerk thus short rod needed theory, never have. I find it easier to stand a little sideways and jerk down at roughly a 7 oclock position. Plus it puts you in a better position for a quick and deep hook set.
    Get the rod that's comfortable with the action you like for jerkbaits. And positioned like mentioned above you can increase the rod length 6 to 8 inches.

17. Member
    I use a 6’ 6” medium heavy Veritas.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

I'm 5'7" and use a 6'3" Kistler LTA MH, works for me. I would say total rod length for your friend should not exceed 6 feet, may find a slightly longer rod where the handle can be shortened and re-capped.

Have one custom made...I can help if needed
    Boatless

20. Member
    Abu Garica Ike Series 6'4" delay series rod. It's a rod designed for jerkbaits and it does a fine job at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast