New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Ultrex question??

Do any of you have an issue with your trolling motor coming on and off by itself? a friend of mine has one that has been doing for quite a long time and yesterday when I was working on my boat I kept hearing a soft beep I was working on my dash couldn't figure out what was beeping then realized it was my Ultrex doing the same as his it is off and then comes on by itself and then off again. Anyone else ever came across this or what would be causing it???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Yes. Mine did also. Had to buy a new switch. Then I bought a motor guide.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes....The on/off switch....it can wiggle mine and the light will blink.... previously took the switch out and tighten the connectors on wires but guess it didn't help....it do have cutoff switch in rear so not worried about changing it out.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Probably best to install 60 amp breaker/cutoff switch, if you haven't already. Some of the older TM switches would get moisture in the switch contacts and would cause that.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I just unplug mine at the bow when I'm done fishing ,have always done that going way back when so not really a problem was just wondering if this was a common occurrence . Is it covered under warranty would they send a new switch??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I just unplug mine at the bow when I'm done fishing ,have always done that going way back when so not really a problem was just wondering if this was a common occurrence . Is it covered under warranty would they send a new switch??
    This

Mine does the same thing. I just deal with it. I can hit the foot pedal and turn it back off. It’s covered under the warranty. You can call your nearest minn Kota dealer and they’ll fix you up
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO
    Youtube: ➡️ https://youtube.com/c/JLFishing1 ⬅️ Check it out!!🔥

8. Member
    QTEATAK 8 Pcs SPST Snap-in ON-Off 2 Pin Snap Rocker Boat Switch Black AC 250V 15A 125V 20A for Car Auto Boat Household Appliances https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PNCL61...J4XX67QS9NGNPP

I use these switches. Yep, they’re cheap but easy to replace and I’ve gotten about a year out of the first one out of the pack