Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Last edited by Axlenut; 05-21-2021 at 08:47 PM.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I hand wash the ones I want to keep, then I'll stuff the hat with an old t-shirt and roll the brim into a cup the size I want it curved to.....In no manner tell that kid to throw it away !!!

Hand wash, soak, and rinse thoroughly in the sink with He detergent. I stuff mine with towels to shape them while they dry.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I wash mine in the sink using a scrub brush and Dawn. I rinse it good and then hang it on the clothes line.

5. Member
    Wash machine. Then dryer. My daughter buys me my caps. I wear them till they start to shred threads. Then ask her for another. Only cap I will wear with a logo is from a seafood restaurant on the coast of Ct. The older ones had material like blue jeans. Got a lot of years out of those hats.

https://www.ljfishtale.com/apparel

They use to have a billboard with photos from all over the world with pictures of their hats.

Quote Originally Posted by rayburnrat View Post
    Throw it in the washer every few months. But here's a trick for the sweat stains they get and won't wash out completely. Spray the hat with PAM and wash again. It is now a shade darker, but all the same.
    I've tried to get the sweat stains out of hats that I wear to work with not much luck. Tried your method with the cooking spray yesterday and no more sweat stains on my hat.

7. Member
    I have good luck in the washer. I usually wash about 5 or 6 at a time by first spraying them down with Purple Power or Super Clean degreaser, adding a small amount of liquid laundry detergent and washing on gentle cycle. It gets them completely clean and I hang them on clothes hangers to dry.

8. Member
    cap rack in washer.

9. Member
    I used to use a hat basket in the washer or dishwasher but it seemed they never fit right after that. Then I started soaking them in hot water and dawn for a little while to break up the oil, rinsing them, then throwing them on my noggin in the shower and scrubbing them with shampoo. Got them clean, kept them fitting right, and they smelled good.

10. Member
    My sponsor just gives me a new one, by sponsor I mean my wife when she gives me my allowance out of my paycheck and definitely the washer
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

11. Fishing is a Passion
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

12. Member
    I have a cap that will never be washed. And I have some that I do wash.I fold my silk panties in a wad!

13. Member
    I’ve never washed a hat. I know it’s time to get a new one when it rains and the water dripping off the bill is brown.

Wash mine in the sink with Dawn dish soap. Rinse with cold water. Put a balloon in thru the strap and blow it up
    Until it gets tight. Hang it up til dry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123