Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Class warfare...how dare lowly peasants try to fish public water near my dock
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

I’m curious to know which dock it is. Only a couple of times in 30 years I’ve had anyone do anything like that.Once some kids on a jet ski spun out and sprayed me, cops got them, they stole ski from grandma. A couple of times people have cut between me and bank. I politely tried to educate them.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I have a hard time having a problem with someone bouncing a basketball on their own dock. Are they supposed to get off their property so that you can fish near it? Just move on, plenty of docks.
    Well, sure, if he hadn't been previously been playing bball on their bball court, until he saw me approaching. Like most of you, I don't fish a dock with homeowners in the yard. On Lk. Washington, not very many dock owners ever go to their dock, seldom set foot on their crusty boat, so all we generally see in the yards are busy landscape crews or construction workers, and they generally don't give a chit about us. Some do look envious, however!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

4. Member
    Sounds like they are well within their rights, and they have the upper hand, and know it. Sounds like a hot spot to fish when no one is home.

5. Member
    I am going to gaston tomorrow give me the address and I will test them!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

6. Banned
    Mount a couple of go pros and go back.

Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    Sounds like they are well within their rights, and they have the upper hand, and know it. Sounds like a hot spot to fish when no one is home.
    Yes, just like the douche on Lake Lenape that would come running out of his house claiming your not allowed to cast within 50 feet of his dock. The only thing I miss in NJ is the Italian Bread.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzack View Post
    That may be questionable if they are in their rights or not. That lake is owned by Dominion Energy and homeowners who build docks on it must get a dock permit/license. There are pretty strict rules about what Dominion allows the dock owners to do. Might be worth an email to them with a complaint about the home-owners.

No case...unless they would have sprayed you with water, etc. as they did not impede your ability to fish. However, being an A-hole is not against the law.

Shortly after Ohio passed an angler harassment law, this happened. Guys were fishing a cut in Marblehead Peninsula on Erie. The cut runs through Marblehead with a marina located off the cut. The marina owner does not allow fishing inside the marina area. The guys were only fishing the cut, not the marina. But, the marina owner came out, stood on an overhead bridge, and sprayed down the fishermen with water. They called the cops. The cops arrested the marine owner and, among the charges were angler harassment. A jury found the marina owner not guilty on angler harassment.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Sometimes you just need to anchor down and have a party by their dock........

Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    That may be questionable if they are in their rights or not. That lake is owned by Dominion Energy and homeowners who build docks on it must get a dock permit/license. There are pretty strict rules about what Dominion allows the dock owners to do. Might be worth an email to them with a complaint about the home-owners.
    Just got a call back from Va. law man that handles the area. He's going fishing around that particular dock. I wished him luck.

12. Member
    read up on your state harassment law. Its pretty easy to charge somebody with harassment with the way most harassment laws are written. Now will it stick who knows but they will take "that ride" at least lol

13. Member
    Nothing here. They can do whatever they want to their property, with their property, on their property. Sounds like they didn't even interact with you. Gaston has a billion docks, I'd move on.

The wake boats and jetskis on the other hand........

14. Banned
    Just avoid docks/property with people out enjoying their docks/property.

Pretty dang simple.

15. Member
    There's a guy on Watts Bar that fits that description. I fish his dock and brush piles if I want to. He can rattle around all day. I don't care.

16. dartag1829
    Move on. Focus on fishing not people on shore. Lots of water out there.

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Sometimes you just need to anchor down and have a party by their dock........

Reminds me of an episode of The Sopranos.

2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

18. Member
    do they pay rent to the state to have there dock in state water

Every lake has several that think they own the lake. Even on the lake I live I've had people telling me they are going to call our lake authority. I give them my dock number and tell them to pass it on to the authority's and that's about as far as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by stosh View Post
    do they pay rent to the state to have there dock in state water
    They do pay a lease for what's in the water. I do where I live.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast