Thread: SHO Foil

SHO Foil

Anybody running a foil on their SHO? If so, what brand and how has performed for you.

2. Member
    What are you trying to do? Get on plane quicker? Reduce ventilation? Stay on plane at a lower speed? Or?

Not on an SHO or a bass boat but I had one on my Mercury and then my Yam F200. Worked extremely well for me. Had the stainless version but if I had it all to do over I would have used aluminium.

Converted it from bolt on to clamp on. Just to see if it worked. Worked so well I just left it as a clamp on version.

Cobra Edge it was. http://cobramarine.com/cobra_marine_...ro_series.html

CB Marine Chris Bailey (board sponsor), instant holeshot, stay on plane at slower speed, eliminate porpoise at slower speed. In my application the foil was a necessity, completely changed slow speed drivability and holeshot for the better.

4. Member
    CB Marine Chris Bailey foil on my 250 SHO, they are everything Bayou Wormy said ^^^^^^. best money you can spend on an outboard.

5. Member
    I had a foil on my previous boat, but sold that rig a few months ago. It worked well for watersports.
    I now have an Allison ProSport with a 250 SHO. I like to waterski and figured it would provide a better holeshot.
    I've reached out to cbailey, but haven't received a reply yet.

6. Member
    I run a Yamaha HPDI and love the looks and holeshot of CB Marine Chris Bailey foil.

7. Member
    Cobra Edge on my F200. Was on my Merc 175EFI. Modified so that it clamped on. No holes to be drilled.

Great value for the bucks.

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com