Bass Cat wiring harness to bow

So my 2019 Lynx has the improved BCB wiring harness which is 6 gauge to the console and then 10 gauge to the bow. I have the 10 gauge hooked to a buss under the access panel on the bow. I'm concerned because that 10 gauge feeds power to a Helix 12, Helix 10, Garmin 9, a Mega 360 and a Live Scope. I'm no electrician but I'm willing to bet that is pushing it a bit. I'd like to run heavier gauge wire from the battery direct to the bow. I can see in the drain on the cockpit floor the black and red trolling motor 6 gauge wire. I was thinking this would be the best route to the bow for additional heavier gauge wiring for the electronics on the bow. My question to BCB is would this cause any problems? Is there enough room to fish additional marine grade wiring to the bow?

2. Member
    10 is good for 30 amps as long as your getting proper voltage I would t worry about

but if you want to there are spaced wire sleeves up front on the drivers side of the boat running from the bow to the console
    2020 pantera classic
    200 mercury 4s

While this harness has been upgraded to 6 gauge in 2022, that really has not been an issue. There are harnesses out now that have been sold aftermarket, which are 6 gauge. Thus the move to a 6 gauge soldered harness with buss blocks at the console and bow are standard on premium models in 2022.

We don't believe you need to upgrade unless you are experiencing a problem.

BCB

4. Member
    I just purchased a 2024 Puma STS and was wonder if the 6-gauge harness will be enough for Live Scope & Mega 360 with an NBT 18 and Apex 13 at the bow? My rigger is suggesting dedicated power, 10-gauge wire from the batteries. I'll be running the PowerHouse 16V lithium to power the electonics which should help with any power lost.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowers321 View Post
    I just purchased a 2024 Puma STS and was wonder if the 6-gauge harness will be enough for Live Scope & Mega 360 with an NBT 18 and Apex 13 at the bow? My rigger is suggesting dedicated power, 10-gauge wire from the batteries. I'll be running the PowerHouse 16V lithium to power the electonics which should help with any power lost.
    factory 6 gauge 2 sizes bigger than what your guy is recommending?
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-25-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Wiring is scaled small numbers being larger cable than large numbers. So 0 or 00 cable is larger than 2, then 4, and next smaller is #6 wire. As Mactlman pointed out, the harness in your boat is much larger than he is suggesting.

your harness is also soldered connectors, a bronze buss bar and tinned wire. You should have no issues from the harness and it will jump start your truck if you need to.

BCB

7. Member
    Yes, thanks for the quick responses. I know 6 is better than 10 and was also confused on his logic. Seemed like a red flag but to me. The only question I had was whether the bus bars would cause some drop, but even then, it would have to be significant to offset the 16v.
    Last edited by Bowers321; 04-25-2024 at 08:57 AM.

8. Member
    I have a 2023 Puma STS. I'm running everything to the BassCat 6-gauge harness. I have Mega 360, LVS34, 12" Garmin, 12" Humminbird, and 9" Lowrance at the bow.... and two 12" Lowrance at the console. I have zero issues. You'll be fine.
    2023 Puma STS