Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmack23 View Post
    shipped in a TW tube
    There's the problem. I don't care what anybody says, cardboard tubes are one and done.

2. Member
    Buying insurance from companies that we are paying to do the job correctly, and deliver our package correctly and in one piece. We are insuring their negligence.

3. Member
    Obviously it’s that damn TW box. They ruin everything

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    Buying insurance from companies that we are paying to do the job correctly, and deliver our package correctly and in one piece. We are insuring their negligence.
    Agreed.

Although, when asked if I want to pay $10 extra to extend the warranty to two years on a toaster, I decline. How much toast do you think I'm going to make to wear out a toaster in short order? I ALWAYS insure when using USPS. Especially on this board. Guys get raked quickly and cleanly around these parts. As an aside, I've had a PVC tube thoroughly destroyed by USPS. Even though it was a pain in the a$$ as the seller, I eventually got some money refunded with insurance. Of course, I wasn't reimbursed for the cost of the shipping or the insurance. Basically, I paid them to destroy a perfectly good item in secure packaging, then begged them to pay me for the item they destroyed. I lost about $50 and a rod in the whole ordeal. Not to mention my time, which has zero value according to my local post office genius.

5. Member
    Just maybe there is some guy or gal in the U S P S that looks for these rod tubes and shows off to somebody else when he/she snaps them in half. Maybe it's a game or a dare.

Bmack, have you contacted the seller let?
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

Getting the merchandise to the buyer is on the seller. Anytime something has happened like that, I have refunded the buyer and dealt with the shipper myself or taken the loss. I will NEVER ship in cardboard again.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    I bought a rod from a BBC member years ago and used PayPal to pay the amount he requested. UPS dropped it off and the top 3' was gone of the container and no rod. I was shocked the usually outstanding ups guy even left it like that.

I went to UPS with the remainder of things and they apologized and instructed me to have the seller file a claim, which I informed the seller to do as he was the shipper and had to be the one to file a claim.

He sent his wife to ups and told them it was stolen off my porch, so ups deemed it delivered and no insurance $. I contacted him again to remind him it was never delivered. We went back and forth and he said he was not returning any of my $200 as it was my problem. I told him I'd split it. Nope, he said...it was all on me.

I filed a claim with PayPal and ended up with the full $200 refund. He contacted me and called me every name in the book. I offered to send him $100. Nope, "I was an a hole and there was no changing that". Ok, good luck.
    Last edited by dbs1; 07-20-2021 at 07:43 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    So are you saying the insurance will only cover $50-100 on a $300 dollar item? If yes that seems like a big gamble to take!
    Nah, as mentioned above that's just the base for priority mail without putting any additional

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Obviously it’s that damn TW box. They ruin everything

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Did you pay extra for the pvc pipe? If you don't know I bet it was incorporated into the selling price.
    I ship Rods in PVC, cost is nothing compared to this happening.

12. Member
    That sucks. For items over $50 I usually purchase insurance if I am the seller. Hope it gets worked out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
    Bmack, have you contacted the seller let?
    Yes

14. Member
    Thanks for the help. All is good!!

Seller needs to fix the situation. Accidents happen
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO
    Youtube: ➡️ https://youtube.com/c/JLFishing1 ⬅️ Check it out!!🔥

Quote Originally Posted by Bmack23 View Post
    They said I could take it or leave it because it has this sticker on it. Attachment 459334

Why did you shipped it damaged? So, in addition to breaking your rod, they blame it on you to defect the blame.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Why did you shipped it damaged? So, in addition to breaking your rod, they blame it on you to defect the blame.
    No No that sounded wrong, They said I could take it with me or leave it with them. Didn't matter because it had been noted on the package it was damaged.

18. Member
    Refuse to accept it and get your money back from PayPal.
    Cheese County Bass Club

Anyone wants insurance, they’re paying for it OR it ain’t going out PERIOD.
    Shipping, tracking and insurance.

20. Member
    Hey y’all I just had a car wreck. Do you think my insurance will cover it when I buy it tomorrow? I mean they should right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast