Thread: AAA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AAA

Anybody have a strong opinion, good or bad, on AAA? Since I joined about a year ago, I only have one experience with them and it was bad. Back during the winter my car broke down on the side of the interstate. After going thru the prompts on their IVR I sat on hold for 45 minutes with no response before getting mad and hanging up. Luckily I was able to walk to the next exit and get help, despite freezing temps and light snow. I just got the renewal. My initial reaction is to throw it in the garbage, but wondering if my bad experience was just a fluke and not the norm. Thought I would come to the panel of BBC experts and get some feedback. Thanks in advance!

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    fool me once........................

but no, we don't have it... the same type of service is included in our auto insurance..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    I've had them for many years, all good except for one instance that was no fault of theirs, couldn't get a flatbed to me and had to sit in the desert outside of Vegas for 5 hours in 100+ heat. They were trying hard just nothing available to pick up my boat trailer after 2 flats rendered it unable to be pulled. They have come to my wife's aid 3 times with a dead battery and flat changes.

We have it and has been helpful on a few occasions.

5. Member
    I have roadside assistance on my cellphone plan (verizon), actually only on my wife's plan. Think it is $5/mo. It's been quick and easy the few times we've had to use it. Her cooling fan assembly exploded last month and holed the radiator on her way home from work. Tow truck was there in less than an hour from the time she called it in.

6. Member
    One tow bill a year pays for it.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

7. Member
    Been with them for 10+ years, used them a couple of times and all is good, no complaints here.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

There is a whole lot of discounts with AAA too....... NAPA, Hotels, Auto Service Centers.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    One tow bill a year pays for it.
    All depends on how far you need to have something towed as they have limits do they not?

10. Member
    Had it for a few years, tried it once, on hold for an hour, gave up and changed the tire myself in sub zero weather. Never again

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    All depends on how far you need to have something towed as they have limits do they not?
    I get 3 tows of 100 miles or less.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I get 3 tows of 100 miles or less.
    That's pretty good! Is that the regular package or an upgrade? Does that also include boats or just vehicles?

13. Member
    I have the platinum plan. one tow a year up to 200 miles away. after that 100 miles. Just a single tow pays to have it. Not counting all the other perks. I ran out of gas within walking distance to work.
    Free one gallon delivered was nice.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

We have been with AAA, for 50 years and we have never had a problem . Every thing House, Fire , cars, Towing . A lot of Discounts that I rarely use, but there there is if I choose . I have shopped around just for the fun of it, and most cant beat what i pay now .Plus AAA wont cancel me for having to use them Like some I know.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robertboyd View Post
    Anybody have a strong opinion, good or bad, on AAA? Since I joined about a year ago, I only have one experience with them and it was bad. Back during the winter my car broke down on the side of the interstate. After going thru the prompts on their IVR I sat on hold for 45 minutes with no response before getting mad and hanging up. Luckily I was able to walk to the next exit and get help, despite freezing temps and light snow. I just got the renewal. My initial reaction is to throw it in the garbage, but wondering if my bad experience was just a fluke and not the norm. Thought I would come to the panel of BBC experts and get some feedback. Thanks in advance!
    Look at that renewal and think of that walk to the next exit. No question what I would do....trash it.

That's pretty good! Is that the regular package or an upgrade? Does that also include boats or just vehicles?
    we have an upgrade, I commute so it has been valuable. I do run a beater to work. My tow vehicle is 17 years old, so there is a sense of safety if needed. I do get my premium back in discounts usually, you just have to look up where they are.

17. Goby King
    I have the platinum plan with trailer. Erie to my home South of Pittsburgh is within the towing range, so it's certainly worth it for me.

18. Banned
    We have it through our car insurance. They've been great.

19. Member
    Well worth the money. As with everything of late, wait times have increased due to lack of tow operators.

20. Member
    how much is peace of mind worth ? it is insurance, if you use your car insurance for break downs, your rates might go up, I pay $400.00 a year for CAA, one tow a year and it pays for itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast