Thread: AAA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    They were amazing when my truck got stolen.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    i had them one year and droped them bad service

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robertboyd View Post
    Anybody have a strong opinion, good or bad, on AAA? Since I joined about a year ago, I only have one experience with them and it was bad. Back during the winter my car broke down on the side of the interstate. After going thru the prompts on their IVR I sat on hold for 45 minutes with no response before getting mad and hanging up. Luckily I was able to walk to the next exit and get help, despite freezing temps and light snow. I just got the renewal. My initial reaction is to throw it in the garbage, but wondering if my bad experience was just a fluke and not the norm. Thought I would come to the panel of BBC experts and get some feedback. Thanks in advance!
    The issue was you were calling during snow in TN. They probably had a million accidents they were responding to at that time. Try calling them on a normal day and see how long it takes to answer before you make your decision. Also, check your auto insurance, you may already be paying for roadside assistance. If not, you could inquire how much it is to add to your policy before renewing AAA.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

4. Member
    Engine blew in my Touareg. One call and they came and picked it up on a flat bed and took it 45 miles to Louisville to the VW dealer. Also use their discounts on hotel rooms every now and then. I wouldn't let one bad experience keep me from keeping them.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

To add to my previous post. I had the balancer ring on my driveshaft come apart today. 250 miles outside of San Antonio. AAA dispatched a mechanic from about 40 min from where I was at. Took him right at 45 min to get there and within 15 min I was back on the road (I didn't have the tools needed). NC to me.. AAA is worth the $180ish a year we spend. We insure the lake house via them too.

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    fool me once........................

but no, we don't have it... the same type of service is included in our auto insurance..
    That’s why we dropped aaa after the first year..

Dale Sinclair original

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123