Thread: Bad day today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Unhappy Bad day today

Had a tourney today and caught 2 small non keepers ,then after leaving the ramp my axle snapped on my trailer , not good had to get a ramp truck to bring it to the trailer shop, and I had a TOC wens that I’m gonna have to miss IMG_4654.JPG picture is of a way we tried to get it to limp home but that didn't work....
    Last edited by twitch; 09-07-2021 at 04:01 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Looks like you drank a few too many and tried to post.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

3. Member
    Man that sucks. I have done a bunch of maintenance on my trailer this season and right now it's all good. Doesn't mean something can't happen next time out, I have a tourney Sunday on a lake that has been good to me in the past. This time the water has been horribly muddy and now they are pulling it down for winter pool. I've been over there 3 times in the last 2 weeks and I've only caught 2 small non keepers also. LOL. I wish our club had scheduled this tourney at the end of August because Sept 1 is when they start pulling it down for winter pool. Lat time , last week I had to strip down to get out and pull the boat off a shallow flat. There was some good water back there but I couldn't get to it.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Moderator
    That's one tough day. Hopefully with a little luck they can repair the trailer soon.

5. Member
    If it weren't for bad luck.... At least you're not hurt and the trailer can be fixed. Sorry you have to miss a tournament after having a tough day.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    Looks like you drank a few too many and tried to post.
    Can't you understand his frustrations then?

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    No, I don't drink, was a long day and frustrating for sure....

That stinks Twitch, best of luck getting it repaired asap!

That stinks, hopefully won't be down for long.

10. Member
    Not to not pick… but is that the axle in the pic that’s cracked? Looks more like a cross brace to me.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

11. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I'm not sure if it's a cross member or axle ,just going by what I was told. Will know in a few hours when I get to the shop that has it, if it was just a cross member wouldn't I still have been able to get it home on the axle ???

12. Moderator
    If it was a cross member he would be able to still tow it. Hopefully the trailer shop can do a quick fix.

13. Member
    That is rough. I'm sorry you have to go through that and I hope it can be repaired. Good luck Twitch
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    Not to not pick… but is that the axle in the pic that’s cracked? Looks more like a cross brace to me.
    That's the axle, it's a tube. The channel frame cross member can be seen above in the photo. also, the leaf spring is to the right where the tube is bearing. The angle is what's throwing you off, that tube is supposed to be straight. It was probably holding water over the years and lost section due to corrosion.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

Sure looks like the axle, hope all goes well with the shop. Note Tractor supply has axles, if a quick fix is needed. I helped a friend replace a salt boat trailer with one.

16. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    it's the axle just talk to the shop guy and they can get it done on the 20th and will try sooner if they can squeeze it in ,said about 5 to 600 ballpark figure...guess that is reasonable, I know the axle alone goes for around 250 to 300 and a couple hours labor so looks about right.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    it's the axle just talk to the shop guy and they can get it done on the 20th and will try sooner if they can squeeze it in ,said about 5 to 600 ballpark figure...guess that is reasonable, I know the axle alone goes for around 250 to 300 and a couple hours labor so looks about right.
    That sounds fair. I’d have them replace springs, shackles, and bolts while they have torn down. You’ll be shocked how much your old springs are sagging. They’re the next thug that will give up the ghost.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

18. Member
    Good luck on your repair. What a pain while you wait for the trailer shop to fix the axle.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Without seeing it in person its hard for me to say but IMO it seems high on cost. If its a simple swap out with a new part it shouldnt take more than an hour. So say the new part is 300 and they charge 100 an hour for labor ..... you see where im going.

But hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

20. Member
    Good luck...had that happen years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast