Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

YouTube censoring Hunting and Fishing vids

I guess if you want to see how to filet a Walleye or dress a deer you might have to go somewhere else…

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/free-s...es-hunting-and

2. Member
    Youtube is going to censor themselves out of a job.

NO big surprise here!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    YouTube is such a biased platform for many reasons. You Tube takes a political stance and doesn't offer a level choice to their viewers. I don't know exactly how the people that post make any money, but I don't think I would like to jump through the process. I'm a fisherman and a hunter and I have seen many videos that cast a bad light on both. As far as the other content... a lot BS. I get some good ideas from the channels, and I see so much hype it's ridiculous. As far as censorship it's their platform. And they are free to run it as they want to. No one is going to change that. It's the same as being banned from BBC.I understand the plight and it's a shame. But it's also a gamble to trust that your channel will support you in the future. I view it as akin to the Red Green show.

5. Member
    10 yrs ago I was a member of a at-the-time-healthy gaming forum, and then the biased censorship started.
    its a barren site now.

6. Member
    Take a wild guess who owns YouTube?

7. Member
    Gonna miss "Farm Girl " !!!

8. Member
    I am real heavy into black powder wasn't making no money on my videos but they took down all my stuff citing it promoted gun violence and was racist because of the term black powder. Several guys have had videos pulled for same reasons. I left craptube long time ago because of their bias and censorship bs.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    Take a wild guess who owns YouTube?
    Google.

21 XD 225 Merc

Youtube uses automated systems to check for stuff in videos. Last year a big chess youtuber had his channel taken down for a short time for saying phrases like "black is better in this position" or "white is clearly winning here". He was flagged for having racist language.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was the kind of stuff going on here. I watch a couple fishing youtubers almost daily and they haven't mentioned any censorship although it may be coming.

11. Member
    Let’s see what actually happens. I enjoy the catch, clean, and cook videos. YT doesn’t need their content and frankly, I don’t need YT.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Hopefully a new video platform without censorship will emerge soon
    Jordan Langford
    2011 Skeeter zx200 w/ 200 SHO
    Youtube: ➡️ https://youtube.com/c/JLFishing1 ⬅️ Check it out!!🔥

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Youtube is going to censor themselves out of a job.
    They will be ok.....just like FB and Twitter....there are just way to many people using those platforms compared to the ones like us that wish they were gone.....they not going anywhere....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    YouTube is such a biased platform for many reasons. You Tube takes a political stance and doesn't offer a level choice to their viewers. I don't know exactly how the people that post make any money, but I don't think I would like to jump through the process. I'm a fisherman and a hunter and I have seen many videos that cast a bad light on both. As far as the other content... a lot BS. I get some good ideas from the channels, and I see so much hype it's ridiculous. As far as censorship it's their platform. And they are free to run it as they want to. No one is going to change that. It's the same as being banned from BBC.I understand the plight and it's a shame. But it's also a gamble to trust that your channel will support you in the future. I view it as akin to the Red Green show.
    Newsmax and Rudy are still there, Hannity and many more. I don't have time to do all the homework for you. YouTube only blocks undeniable lies and misinformation that they believe can be harmful.

P01135809

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    They will be ok.....just like FB and Twitter....there are just way to many people using those platforms compared to the ones like us that wish they were gone.....they not going anywhere....
    Until a new platform comes out.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I am real heavy into black powder wasn't making no money on my videos but they took down all my stuff citing it promoted gun violence and was racist because of the term black powder. Several guys have had videos pulled for same reasons. I left craptube long time ago because of their bias and censorship bs.
    I wonder how Demolition Ranch says on there then.

One of the sailing channels I watch has discovered if they change the fish cleaning from color to black and white, the video does not get demonetized. YouTube algorithm does not like blood. Other channels have learned to keep the blood out of the video.

P01135809

I had not trouble finding plenty of Youtube vids of filleting fish and dressing deer.
    Last edited by Bluegill22; 09-25-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Thats crazy. I was wondering why they took down one I had of my grandbaby playing in the rain. I emailed about it and they put it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Newsmax and Rudy are still there, Hannity and many more. I don't have time to do all the homework for you. YouTube only blocks undeniable lies and misinformation that they believe can be harmful.
    What a load of crap!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast