Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New cars, only 2 per lot?

Trying to find the wife a new Nissan Rogue. First Nissan dealer we stop at, had only two. Sale person walks out and says we have two new in stock, nothing on show room floor. We pass, and up the road we go to Nissan dealer 100 miles away, they had three. All other nissan cars and trucks just two or three.. I ask dealer one about ordering one, said no on a delivery time? Never thought I would see the days of empty car lots... The search goes on.....

It's like that everywhere. Local Ford and Chevy dealerships usually have 50+ trucks on their lot and they have 2 or 3 right now. All the local lots are trying to spread their cars out as much as possible and they are still half empty. Trying to fill in with used trucks, but still not enough cars.

3. Member
    Local places here are actually filled with new and used cars. But the prices are so high no one can afford them and only the affluent are willing to over pay. So mostly they sit awaiting the winter rot fest to begin. A lot of the local dealers all said if you can wait to 2023 then try to do so, that’s when they’re expecting the prices to go back to normal with the influx of parts.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 10-13-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    There is one street in my town that has every car manufacturer you can think of with huge lots and buildings. They all look like they are going out of business with only a few used cars and a couple of new cars on the lot for sale. The show rooms are empty.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Somewhat in the market for a new Ram 2500 for the wife. Was told we're better off ordering one and it might take 6 months to get. I think we have another year of this mess.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Every where I have looked around my area the new trucks are slim pickings. Mostly used vehicles.

I'd be planning on holding your car for awhile. pent up demand and supply issues means this may continue for awhile.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Local Buick/GMC store has a total of 3 new vehicles. 3 Buick SUVs.... Not a single new truck on their lot.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Somewhat in the market for a new Ram 2500 for the wife. Was told we're better off ordering one and it might take 6 months to get. I think we have another year of this mess.
    We live a few miles from the largest volume ram dealer in south texas...they have like 5 lots in town....they are BARE. When I bought my new one last year it took me 5 months to get it...

OP good luck...this has been going on roughly a year and analysts are saying end of next year at best. Best to search online vs driving around and seeing the same empty lot at every dealer in the nation.

10. Member
    You have got to really need a new vehicle to pay the price they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    You have got to really need a new vehicle to pay the price they are getting.
    If you have a trade in its a great time time buy.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

If you know what brand and model you want, do your searching on the internet, I was in the market for a Toyota, kept an eye on the local dealers stock and went in once they had what I wanted.

I went car shopping last night, nothing in the lot brand new. We are going to order one in

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    This...When I had my ram in for service they sales manager offered me more than I paid for it in 2020. It's insane.

15. Member
    Took a while to find my new boat hauler...the vehicle had just gotten on the lot and luckily I was first to see it and pulled the trigger. While I was a dealer there was three calls inquiring about the Durango. Worked out perfect. Got the hemi with tow package along with upgraded entertainment system. Only thing it didn't have that I would have liked was a sunroof, but no big deal.

Durango Pic.PNG
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Took a while to find my new boat hauler...the vehicle had just gotten on the lot and luckily I was first to see it and pulled the trigger. While I was a dealer there was three calls inquiring about the Durango. Worked out perfect. Got the hemi with tow package along with upgraded entertainment system. Only thing it didn't have that I would have liked was a sunroof, but no big deal.

Durango Pic.PNG
    VERY NICE !

17. Member
    Guess I better drive careful.

A man from Ohio was in to get his boat serviced last week, driving a '20 F150 he bought used privately. He was at a large dealer in Ohio wanting to order a '22 F150, dealer told him he wouldn't see it in 2022 so he walked out and lucked up on the '20. The previous owner just got a company truck so he didn't need the '20 nor the payments. Crazy times!

(606)305-1956

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    Strange how that doesn't work for bass boats though...

20. Goby King
    Friend's nephew works at a Toyota dealership and they only have 3 new cars on the lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast