Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Is the shortage of vehicles still due to lack of chips? Hard to believe the U S of A can’t make a damn chip

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Probably 95% of all vehicles being delivered are pre-sold and never spend a day on the lot. Sort of how it was years ago, I factory ordered my first three cars but even then it took 12 weeks for delivery.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Is the shortage of vehicles still due to lack of chips? Hard to believe the U S of A can’t make a damn chip
    The USA makes a lot of chips, ever heard of Intel?

4. Member
    Cali dealers are waiting for the "Electric only" mandates.

5. Member
    Nissan dealership here was full of cars Sunday. Hermitage PA.

I don't think it's a great time to buy or trade. sure u get more, but your also paying alot more. Kinda like the home market, seems like a wash to me.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    If you aren't buying it is a great time to sell
    FIFY
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I don't think it's a great time to buy or trade. sure u get more, but your also paying alot more. Kinda like the home market, seems like a wash to me.
    Wife and I are realtors. Same situation in the housing market. We've been sharing with folks that if you're buying and selling - the market crazy should wash out between the transactions. If you're coming out of a rental / lease into a purchase - you're paying inflated. How cars and houses are different is that cars depreciate and houses appreciate. It'll just take a new home buyer in today's market a bit longer to build equity.

I done a quick search and our local Nissan dealer has 7 Rouges and 1 Rouge sport.

My neighbor had a black Ram, last week I asked him if he had it detailed, it looked great. He said “no it’s a new one” He said his other one had 9000 miles on it and they gave him more then he paid for it. But the downside is this listed for $54K and he said he paid $34K for the previous one.

And unless they had a rush since last week the Ford dealer had about 20 new pickups on the lot. Looks like 33

https://www.mcmullenford.com/

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    https://jalopnik.com/i-asked-experts...o-n-1847739665

it’s an interesting problem. It’s not a chip shortage really (notice the iPhone 13 had no problem with release). Just the older style chips the car manufacturers use. They are less profitable for the chip manufacturers so they aren’t a priority.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Member
    Really wasn't in the market but saw the new re-designed 2022 Frontier on our local dealers lot. They had 8 of them. Went back the next day, they had 5 left. I went ahead and purchased this one and two days later they had none. I traded in a 2019 Chevy Colorado that I had purchased 6 months ago. They gave me $4,500 more than I paid for it 6 months ago.

2022 Frontier Pro-X.jpg

Have a good one and thank God for it!

13. Member
    Nice looking Frontier you bought. For anyone looking to order a truck make sure you give your salesman your email address so you get a confirmation that the vehicle was order for you and is price protected with your down payment. Some dealers are desperate to get new trucks on there lot to add the market adjustment price any way they can.

Sitting here at a large Chevy dealer and there are zero full size trucks on the lot except a few of the Rocky Ridge customs.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Table Rock 1 View Post
    Trying to find the wife a new Nissan Rogue. First Nissan dealer we stop at, had only two. Sale person walks out and says we have two new in stock, nothing on show room floor. We pass, and up the road we go to Nissan dealer 100 miles away, they had three. All other nissan cars and trucks just two or three.. I ask dealer one about ordering one, said no on a delivery time? Never thought I would see the days of empty car lots... The search goes on.....
    Wood Motors here in Harrison, 35 miles south of Branson on 65, has 10 on the lot according to their website.

Group Vehicle Inventory - Harrison Group dealer in Harrison AR - New and Used Group dealership Branson Mountain Home Springfield AR (woodmotor.com)

If it were only one chip per vehicle the crisis might be over, but some vehicles have dozens.

17. Member
    It took us several months to find a new 2012 Kia Niro Hybrid car for my wife that had the right color inside and out. We finally found one last week about 90 miles south of us, we had prepared to have the price all jacked up on it and more prepared for them to offer junk prices for our trade-in but that was not the case. The new car had been used as a loaner car and had a few miles on it so we actually got the price lowered a bit plus gave us more than KBB trade in for our car and got 0% financing to boot. Several of the Kia dealerships never had any Niro in stock and if they did they were all the cookie cutter colors with a black interior. None of the dealers could tell me when they would get one in and would not place an order for a new one as they had no delivery dates for when it might get built. I think this Kia dealership had maybe 7-8 new cars on the lot total, one Telluride on the showroom floor and that was it. They can't keep the EV-Electric Vehicles in stock, they are pretty much sold when the transport truck arrives.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daleo View Post
    If it were only one chip per vehicle the crisis might be over, but some vehicles have dozens.
    Perhaps that will be the new wave. A vehicle that uses your cell phone as it's "key" while simultaneously using the phones chips to to run it's components.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    It is a wash…more for your trade…paying retail or more for your purchase. Terrible time to buy any major purchase.

20. Member
    Thanks for info CEST..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast