Thread: Arig Rod

Arig Rod

Well I broke my Arig rod this weekend from a rough boat ride on KY lake and a cooler landing on it haha Any recommendations for a good Arig rod? I was actually gonna be in the market for one anyway.

Daiwa Kage 79MHRB is just an awesome A-rig, glide bait, swim bait type rod. I have mine paired with a Tatula 300HL, but it pairs nicely with the 150/200 sized Tatula as well. It has a nice long handle, loads up great, and is a lot of fun to fish.

I have a 794SB and 795SB - both are awesome for chucking the chandeliers!
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

4. Moderator
    I use the 795 SB Dobyns for the big stuff as well. I have chucked a Jr./3-bait version around on the Steez AGS 7'4" XH (I still call it the frog rod) and it feels light and really comfortable...
    Steve

It's almost that time!

ALX Rods IKOS Thunder - 7'6"
    ALX Rods ZOLO PowerBolt - 7'11"

Both rods are very effective at handling A-Rigs, especially when you are having multiple fish load up on them. They also cross over effectively for other uses - deep cranks, swimbaits, punching, flipping - for when you aren't tossing the ARig.

Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    It's almost that time!

ALX Rods IKOS Thunder - 7'6"
    ALX Rods ZOLO PowerBolt - 7'11"

Both rods are very effective at handling A-Rigs, especially when you are having multiple fish load up on them. They also cross over effectively for other uses - deep cranks, swimbaits, punching, flipping - for when you aren't tossing the ARig.
    Down to my last cranking rod. I may have to try you guys soon.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Daiwa Kage 79MHRB is just an awesome A-rig, glide bait, swim bait type rod. I have mine paired with a Tatula 300HL, but it pairs nicely with the 150/200 sized Tatula as well. It has a nice long handle, loads up great, and is a lot of fun to fish.
    This!!! Don't even look at anything else. I own two of these. I have Tatula Elites on mine.

8. Member
    Expride 7'7 Heavy

Gotta agree with Gary 100% on this. For the price and warranty, this rod is tough to beat. Been using mine for about 8 months and I’m fixing to order another one just for swimbaits. It also throws magnum deep divers like 8XD, 10XD and Megabass Big M with ease!

Had a 795sb. and hated it. 806cb is much better

11. Member
    I use a few for that technique. The Phenix Recon Elite is great for the A-rig. Also the 7' 7"H Expride as well. The Dobyns 795sb is also another good one I use.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

12. Member
    Listen to Gary, this rod is the real deal! Absolutely love mine for arigs and glidebaits
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1