Thread: Ghost purchase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ghost purchase

I bought a ghost, what do I need that is not in the box to connect to my carbons?

Nothing if you have the NMEA backbone already installed. Open the box and take a look.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Nothing if you have the NMEA backbone already installed. Open the box and take a look.
    It just shipped, I haven't got it yet. I have nmea already.

4. Member
    Depends on what units you were running. Mine actually bolted perfectly up to the holes my MG TM used, and plugged right into my existing Lowrance units. You will love the Ghost, best TM I have ever used.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 721Proxs View Post
    Depends on what units you were running. Mine actually bolted perfectly up to the holes my MG TM used, and plugged right into my existing Lowrance units. You will love the Ghost, best TM I have ever used.
    I've got a fortrex currently, and Carbon 9's.

6. Member
    The Xducer from the Ghost will plug right in then.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Ghost mount holes will line up with the ones from the Fortrex

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    The only thing you need is tools and time to install, and then time to catch fish and smile.
    ciao,
    Marc

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Ghost mount holes will line up with the ones from the Fortrex

NoCAL
    Will the stabilizer bar pad on deck of boat line up too?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    Will the stabilizer bar pad on deck of boat line up too?
    Mine did not.

11. Member
    Good to know. Thanks guys.

12. Member
    A couple of tips for your install.

1. If you have an iPhone, download the Lowrance app and connect your units and ghost.
    2. Download an Magnetometer/Gaussmeter on your phone.
    - Before installing the heading sensor for the ghost, use the Meagnetometer/Gaussmeter to check for magnetic interference. Large spikes in magnetic interference, will cause issues with anchor mode and features in auto-pilot.
    3. When installing the "ROD STABILIZER" you will need to cut it to fit. Make sure BEFORE you cut it, the trolling motor has zero play in the locked position. Your ghost should lock in the stowed position and you shouldn't be able to push the head of the motor up while its locked.
    4. When bolting the trolling motor base down, be careful with how tight you put the screws and bolts on the front two slots on the nose. These two screws and bolts cause the most issues with the base. Over tightening causes the base to bind and the Ghost will not lock or unlock in the deployed position.
    5. Do your keel offset before you get on the water.

Zach
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachmeredith View Post
    A couple of tips for your install.

1. If you have an iPhone, download the Lowrance app and connect your units and ghost.
    2. Download an Magnetometer/Gaussmeter on your phone.
    - Before installing the heading sensor for the ghost, use the Meagnetometer/Gaussmeter to check for magnetic interference. Large spikes in magnetic interference, will cause issues with anchor mode and features in auto-pilot.
    3. When installing the "ROD STABILIZER" you will need to cut it to fit. Make sure BEFORE you cut it, the trolling motor has zero play in the locked position. Your ghost should lock in the stowed position and you shouldn't be able to push the head of the motor up while its locked.
    4. When bolting the trolling motor base down, be careful with how tight you put the screws and bolts on the front two slots on the nose. These two screws and bolts cause the most issues with the base. Over tightening causes the base to bind and the Ghost will not lock or unlock in the deployed position.
    5. Do your keel offset before you get on the water.

Zach
    Thanks for the tips. I've got a samsung phone, the lowrance app only works with iphones?

14. Member
    Works on Samsung as well (mine is an S8).

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zero_cool View Post
    Works on Samsung as well (mine is an S8).
    Ok

16. Member
    Everyone already answered your question, but one thing I would say is that the stabilizer bar that comes with the Ghost is the only thing I don't care for. If you fish rough water, I wouldn't even install it since it will ruin your carpet (had that happen on 2 boats, including my new one that wasn't even used yet). I would get the troll tamer, drill a hole in your mount bracket and attach it direct. It is rock solid. There was a post on here about using the stabilizer bar with the troll tamer by tapping out threads. I tried that, but the top part of the stabilizer bar would loosen up since it's just held tight with a plastic nut. Mount it direct and you are good to go as I have put it to test multiple times on the great lakes.

17. Scraps
    Don't yah need some kind of module to get all the functions on the Carbon. If you have a Live unit nothing else needed? I'm gonna pull the trigger one of these daze too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    Everyone already answered your question, but one thing I would say is that the stabilizer bar that comes with the Ghost is the only thing I don't care for. If you fish rough water, I wouldn't even install it since it will ruin your carpet (had that happen on 2 boats, including my new one that wasn't even used yet). I would get the troll tamer, drill a hole in your mount bracket and attach it direct. It is rock solid. There was a post on here about using the stabilizer bar with the troll tamer by tapping out threads. I tried that, but the top part of the stabilizer bar would loosen up since it's just held tight with a plastic nut. Mount it direct and you are good to go as I have put it to test multiple times on the great lakes.
    Ditto. I agree. Tap the rod,(it's already drilled out to accept a 3/8 tap. Tap it and buy a short troll tamer and just use the threaded rod and base. I drilled and taped the aluminum nut so it would not loosen.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Don't yah need some kind of module to get all the functions on the Carbon. If you have a Live unit nothing else needed? I'm gonna pull the trigger one of these daze too.
    Nothing needed other than a NMEA network, Ghost interfaces fine with Carbons

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

20. Member
    I got the ghost installed Saturday. There was no instruction manual in the box for some reason. Luckily, my friend was helping me who just installed one on his boat. We watched some videos and got through it. It's working fine. The only thing I can't find is what is the correct transducer to select. It has the basic nose cone with Sonar, Chirp, DI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast