Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone installed seat riser?

Looking to install seat risers on a 2022 patriot 20trx. Just bought the boat and the seats sit a little low for an old guy. Looking for some guidance, pointers or tips. Looked on YouTube and no luck. An help would be greatly appreciated thanks jim

2. Member
    Agree that the seats are just a bit too low. I’d like to have em on my boat too. Your dealer can’t help you out?

3. Member
    So I inquired about these from my dealer and was quoted $600. Instead I bought some 3” Aluminum C Channel and made my own seat risers for a fraction of the cost. Aluminum Channel was $75 and I had about another $75 in Stainless and grade 8 hardware from Lowes. I replaced all the hardware and overbuilt everything. But they look great and the seats feel a lot better.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    So I inquired about these from my dealer and was quoted $600. Instead I bought some 3” Aluminum C Channel and made my own seat risers for a fraction of the cost. Aluminum Channel was $75 and I had about another $75 in Stainless and grade 8 hardware from Lowes. I replaced all the hardware and overbuilt everything. But they look great and the seats feel a lot better.
    Got any pics (some close ups) so a person can see how you went about building and mounting them? Sounds like the way I’d like go.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Got any pics (some close ups) so a person can see how you went about building and mounting them? Sounds like the way I’d like go.
    pm me your number or email and I’ll send you some pictures. I’m not good at posting pictures on here..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    pm me your number or email and I’ll send you some pictures. I’m not good at posting pictures on here..
    I think I sent u a PM with my email. Never started a PM before so I hope I did it right.

7. Member
    We talk about how to raise the seats but I have a before that question, How did you get the old seat removed? I have a 2020 model with adjustable sliding seats and I just don't see a way to get at the hardware to loosen it up.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    We talk about how to raise the seats but I have a before that question, How did you get the old seat removed? I have a 2020 model with adjustable sliding seats and I just don't see a way to get at the hardware to loosen it up.
    Not 100% certain, but I believe there are studs on the slides and nuts are installed below the fiberglass deck. You access the nuts by removing the center storage box. I would start there. Once you get the slides unbolted, you should be able to get to the hardware that attached the slides to the seats.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

9. Member
    I hadn't even thought of getting at it via the center storage. I will go that direction and see what happens. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by got2fish View Post
    Not 100% certain, but I believe there are studs on the slides and nuts are installed below the fiberglass deck. You access the nuts by removing the center storage box. I would start there. Once you get the slides unbolted, you should be able to get to the hardware that attached the slides to the seats.

10. Member
    Note: Im not familiar with that type of boat But you might want to make sure you have enough room under the steering wheel for your knees after lifting the seat. Just a thought. good luck.
    Last edited by sooner magic; 02-16-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Atrain, How did you get your seats out to install the riser? I just got a 2021 Patriot 21 TRX and can not figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by makers; 02-21-2022 at 06:43 PM. Reason: typo

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by makers View Post
    Atrain, How did you get your seats out to install the riser? I just got a 2021 Patriot 21 TRX and can not figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
    there are 4 screws that hold the plastic tray inside the center coin box. You need to remove those and then you can reach underneath the seats to access the nuts holding the seat bolts down

Outstanding, thank you sir.

14. Member
    On mine, there are 4 screws along the bottom front edge of the seat cushion. You remove these and then push the seat cushion toward the back while gently lifting the cushion and it will come off. With the cushion removed, you can see 4 screws that attach the seat frame to the boat.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

Quote Originally Posted by got2fish View Post
    On mine, there are 4 screws along the bottom front edge of the seat cushion. You remove these and then push the seat cushion toward the back while gently lifting the cushion and it will come off. With the cushion removed, you can see 4 screws that attach the seat frame to the boat.

Kind of an old post but looking to put a riser on my 2016 20TRX seat. I have some 1x2 aluminum tubing that I may try. Going to shop around for 1"x3" tubing first. My plan is to increase 1" first and then try 2" by doubling.

16. Member
    Sounds like several of us are trying to raise the seats. I pulled mine out yesterday and need 1.5-2" to see over the graphs.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

17. Member
    My dealer had a pair of 3 inch risers that were evidently made by Triton at some point. They were pulled from another boat and he gave them to me to see if they would work for me. They were made of 1/4 inch aluminum and covered with the same color carpet my boat has. Very solid. They look good and are a good match for my 5' 9" height.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Quote Originally Posted by dswindall View Post
    Sounds like several of us are trying to raise the seats. I pulled mine out yesterday and need 1.5-2" to see over the graphs.
    I pulled my seat out this morning on my 20 TRX. We have the same year model. Going to be a pain adding risers the way the bolts are mounted in the seat slides.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterBob View Post
    I pulled my seat out this morning on my 20 TRX. We have the same year model. Going to be a pain adding risers the way the bolts are mounted in the seat slides.
    Got a great idea from Atrain89 with a small alteration for my application. Its a little tedious but not as bad as I thought. It's hard to see the actual riser but its 1.5" higher.

Raised seat.jpg
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

Went to our local metal salvage yard and found some 3"x 1 1/2" aluminum pieces. Heck they just gave them to me. Also found some 1 1/2" SS tubing which I did buy. The aluminum pieces worked great. The seat feels so much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast