Converting Fish and ski

I am trying to convert the fish and ski to a bass boat, from the looks of it, i just need to take out the big seats infron the console, looking ti do that and make it a deck from console to windshield. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Wish i could make a rod locker but the sides arent long enough for it.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I converted a 201 FNS to a dual console bass I can get a 7'6" rod in my locker. Its a challenge to swap the lids from inward to outward opening but can be done.

3. Member
    I am thinking about changing my 86 champion fish and ski to a full deck. I don't want to use wood . I think I will use 3/4 by 3/4 by 1/8 thick aluminum angle and 1/8 thick sheet aluminum . First I need to get prices on material. I will keep you posted.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1954 View Post
    I am thinking about changing my 86 champion fish and ski to a full deck. I don't want to use wood . I think I will use 3/4 by 3/4 by 1/8 thick aluminum angle and 1/8 thick sheet aluminum . First I need to get prices on material. I will keep you posted.
    I have an 86 as well. Thought about it, but dont want to loose the loungers.
    .WP_20190819_19_50_37_Pro.jpg

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1954 View Post

You'll need to bring it up to match the front casting deck that's the trick. I used 1 1/2" angle and still had to raise it up. Hit up Matt Mosher here I think one of his clan make metal lids for them.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Finished product. dots.jpg

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Finished product. dots.jpg
    Very Nice!!

8. Member
    Did you mount your angle to the sides of your boat using rivets or screws. what size was your deck plate. Could you post a picture of the inside of your deck compartments. This is a big job and I want to make sure I get it right. Any info would be helpful . Thank you.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here's a couple more, I'm trying to get them into one folder, got pictures scattered over two PCs. hidden serial number.JPG this is one of the lids and shows the hidden serial number.

IMG_0063.JPGDeck extension installed. IMG_0072.JPG Underside of extension, I used broken TM shafts from Minn Kota trolling motors (carbon graphite). This one shows the backing I had to install to change the way the lids open. Had to us a PT 2x4 and shape it to fit the curve and angle 11* of the gunwale. Epoxy resin coated and thru bolted then carpeted. IMG_0414.JPG port side IMG_0415.JPG and finally the stbd side completed job. IMG_0066.JPG Hope this helps.

10. Member
    Thank you for the pictures but I think I am going a different route. I will post pictures when I get started. Thank you again.

11. Member
    I have been doing this to my 21sx for years. Started with removing the pads on the front area, then the walkthrough windshields. I actually liked those but after the second time one got broke by a tungsten weight decided they had to go. Now I have removed the vinyl shrouds on the consoles as after many years in the sun they looked terrible. For now I have the openings for gauges and the glove box closed with king starboard but I am going to be making fiberglass panels for the drivers side and then glassing in and making a new glove box door on the passenger. Will make new fiberglass panels for the switches and wiring at the bow too. Also have made a wood step to close in the step up. I am currently welding up an aluminium one and adding two hatches with it to replace the wood one. Also currently repairing/renovating the gelcoat. Yes I like to take on too much. I will post pics when I get a chance.

12. Member
    Can you tell me what the black pieces you used to out line the stirage on ether side. is it wood or plastic. if plastic what is it and where did you get it from.?

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Strips of King Starboard. Synthetic lumber I used that to get the locker lids up to the same height as the front casting deck. I then had to "notch" them for the removable deck extension. I had to do the same to the drivers and passenger seats when I installed the Llebroc seats. It comes in different thickness and colors. https://www.kingplastic.com/products/king-starboard/

14. Member
    Awesome thank you, So my boat is an 88, and im just curious how the original seats driver and passenger went in. As in mine there are no backs so i have nothing to go off of from the original seats. If i were to buy new ones how would i install them since mine fold forward, or atleast the bottom folds forward. As of right now i have no seat backs. Do you have a pic of how your new ones went in, and maybe how the old ones so i have an idea of how they worked and what you did bu chance? Thanks