Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    NRX 894 ! Everything else is compared to this rod on any feel bait !

2. Member
    Gah now you got me thinking about the RSR. Im also hearing whispers of an oltre revamp if that's true.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode View Post
    Gah now you got me thinking about the RSR. Im also hearing whispers of an oltre revamp if that's true.
    There's no doubt my EG Rapid Gunner RSR is as good as it gets for deep water football jigs and heavy T-rigs for trophy smallmouth bass in my experience!

As for the "replacement/addition" for my beloved Luxxe Oltre B70H, I've got a Luxxe Efreet B74XH-F coming from Japan after winning the third bidding war for one on Yahoo.jp, if that is what you are alluding to as that is the next generation of the Luxxe bottom contact model line!

I'm still waiting to see if my SNIPE Service Request gets fulfilled for a 20 Olympic Vigore GVIGC-71H bottom contact rod as well.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    There's no doubt my EG Rapid Gunner RSR is as good as it gets for deep water football jigs and heavy T-rigs for trophy smallmouth bass in my experience!

As for the "replacement/addition" for my beloved Luxxe Oltre B70H, I've got a Luxxe Efreet B74XH-F coming from Japan after winning the third bidding war for one on Yahoo.jp, if that is what you are alluding to as that is the next generation of the Luxxe bottom contact model line!

I'm still waiting to see if my SNIPE Service Request gets fulfilled for a 20 Olympic Vigore GVIGC-71H bottom contact rod as well.
    no i know about the efreets but i'm hearing some talk about a new version of the oltre since the old one is discontinued. not sure if the rumors are true

i've read a lot great things about the 20 olympic vigore as well but they're extremely hard to find. where did u get urs?

5. Member
    no i know about the efreets but i'm hearing some talk about a new version of the oltre since the old one is discontinued. not sure if the rumors are true

i've read a lot great things about the 20 olympic vigore as well but they're extremely hard to find. where did u get urs?
    Hmm, very interesting, apparently, I'm not paying enough attention to lurenewsr and other similar sites for new JDM fishing tackle awareness.

I found the 20 Olympic Vigore at Caster House but they don't ship outside of Japan, except through ZenMarket, so I used the SNIPE Service at JDMTackleHeaven.com to get the last one they had in stock.

I agree, lots of folks on other tackle forums indicate that this rod is comparable to the EG Couger Elite 7 RS (which I don't own) or the Luxxe Oltre B70H (I do own) so I decided to see if these claims are reasonable and ordered one to try out this season. It's already beat both rods on sheer price alone with equivalent rod components, so we'll see what happens once I get it on the water.

The two JDM rods I'm really waiting on are Tiemco/Fenwick Techna GP TAV-GP74CMLJ Medium Light crankbait rods so I can present 1/4oz "micro" vibrating blade baits like the EG Little Max, Deps Circuit Vibe, and OPS Override properly as my current MB P5 Kasumi Six Elevens are great, but they don't have the necessary length to really cast these smaller lures a great distance to cover water more efficiently.

Link: OLYMPIC 20 VIGORE 20GVIGC-71H 20 VIGORE (VIGORE), 16 VIGORE | SUPER CHEAP FISHING GEAR MAIL ORDER LURE FISHING CASTER HOUSE
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

6. Member
    Hmm, very interesting, apparently, I'm not paying enough attention to lurenewsr and other similar sites for new JDM fishing tackle awareness.

I found the 20 Olympic Vigore at Caster House but they don't ship outside of Japan, except through ZenMarket, so I used the SNIPE Service at JDMTackleHeaven.com to get the last one they had in stock.

I agree, lots of folks on other tackle forums indicate that this rod is comparable to the EG Couger Elite 7 RS (which I don't own) or the Luxxe Oltre B70H (I do own) so I decided to see if these claims are reasonable and ordered one to try out this season. It's already beat both rods on sheer price alone with equivalent rod components, so we'll see what happens once I get it on the water.

The two JDM rods I'm really waiting on are Tiemco/Fenwick Techna GP TAV-GP74CMLJ Medium Light crankbait rods so I can present 1/4oz "micro" vibrating blade baits like the EG Little Max, Deps Circuit Vibe, and OPS Override properly as my current MB P5 Kasumi Six Elevens are great, but they don't have the necessary length to really cast these smaller lures a great distance to cover water more efficiently.

Link: OLYMPIC 20 VIGORE 20GVIGC-71H 20 VIGORE (VIGORE), 16 VIGORE | SUPER CHEAP FISHING GEAR MAIL ORDER LURE FISHING CASTER HOUSE
    initially i was only interested in the 7'6MH vigore but i might dive a little deeper into the 7'1H. you mind posting pics of the balancing point once u get it?

i hear ya on the length as most jdm rods are under 7'

7. Member
    initially i was only interested in the 7'6MH vigore but i might dive a little deeper into the 7'1H. you mind posting pics of the balancing point once u get it?

i hear ya on the length as most jdm rods are under 7'
    I think rod length, other than if you have a true need/desire for extreme distance like with the "micro" vibrating blade baits I'm using, is mainly about comfort and should fit one's body well. I'm 5'5" tall so my rule of thumb is to go no more than 18-inches beyond my height so 7'1" works really well for me. As everyone's body is different YMMV.

Of course, once I get the rod safely to "balmy" MN (the most difficult part right now), I'll PM you rod balance pictures with both an Antares DC and Conquest 100 DC mounted on the new rod, as I don't need to keep threadjacking poor Pond King's thread here.

8. Member
    I think rod length, other than if you have a true need/desire for extreme distance like with the "micro" vibrating blade baits I'm using, is mainly about comfort and should fit one's body well. I'm 5'5" tall so my rule of thumb is to go no more than 18-inches beyond my height so 7'1" works really well for me. As everyone's body is different YMMV.

Of course, once I get the rod safely to "balmy" MN (the most difficult part right now), I'll PM you rod balance pictures with both an Antares DC and Conquest 100 DC mounted on the new rod, as I don't need to keep threadjacking poor Pond King's thread here.
    really appreciate it. also, i think a lot of what you've been posting is relevant to the OP's original post so i'm sure he won't mind lol

9. Member
    really appreciate it. also, i think a lot of what you've been posting is relevant to the OP's original post so i'm sure he won't mind lol
    LOL! Pond King did seem pretty gung-ho about getting that EG Rapid Gunner HD rod! I'm still trading emails with Kazumi at JDMTH so we'll see when the rod gets to him and we can finalize pricing and invoicing, then shipping is always fast and safe in my long experience with his shop!

10. Member
    High end is not always the answer. I use a Phenix Maxim, 7'7" MH. I can launch a football jig a mile. You could not get me to change my FB jig setup.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

11. Member
    I don't mind at all guys. Thread jack away! I get to learn more about this new JDM world, so it's a win-win.

I kid you guys not, I accidentally broke my Dobyn's Champion Extreme HP 745C yesterday! It was completely unintentional. I would never break a rod on purpose to take advantage of a warranty because for one, that would be unethical, and secondly, you still have to pay a replacement fee and shipping, and lastly, I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

I haven't broke a rod in many years, and the odds of this happening is so crazy low, so it must be a sign. This makes the decision pretty easy to simply just get a 746C for $80 replacement fee + $30 shipping.

When I get my quarterly bonus, I usually blow a $1,000 of it on whatever I want and put the rest into investments, so I might still get the Rapid Gunner HD as well.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pond King View Post
    I don't mind at all guys. Thread jack away! I get to learn more about this new JDM world, so it's a win-win.

I kid you guys not, I accidentally broke my Dobyn's Champion Extreme HP 745C yesterday! It was completely unintentional. I would never break a rod on purpose to take advantage of a warranty because for one, that would be unethical, and secondly, you still have to pay a replacement fee and shipping, and lastly, I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

I haven't broke a rod in many years, and the odds of this happening is so crazy low, so it must be a sign. This makes the decision pretty easy to simply just get a 746C for $80 replacement fee + $30 shipping.

When I get my quarterly bonus, I usually blow a $1,000 of it on whatever I want and put the rest into investments, so I might still get the Rapid Gunner HD as well.
    You and i are on similar paths lol. I'm thinking about going all out soon and I'm wanting 2 jig rods. Poison ultima 7'2H is one of them and the other might be the RSR. I'm also interested in the new FMJ in the P5 line as I love my xbites for finesse presentations.

13. Member
    It's unfortunate with the current supply situation that the most "reliable" method to find and secure "Unobtanium" rods like the 20 Poison Ultima 172H or the Luxxe Efreet B74XH-F is via Yahoo.jp auction and the bidding wars are among the worst I have seen in more than a decade considering the impact of the supply issues and the current weakness of the Yen it's a seller's market right now. Then if you are fortunate enough to win an auction, you still have to secure the purchase, release from customs, and shipment of the rod via a 3rd party proxy service.

It's not uncommon to lose out on two or three auctions due to the intense competition for such constrained resources and I have found myself moving towards smaller JDM semi and fully custom rod makers to try and alleviate this artificial limitation on the supply of great jig rods as we've discussed in this thread.

I recommend that when you are ready to make that investment, do not be afraid to look at the smaller rod makers such as Designo, Sedition, Legit Design, Studio Composite, Fragment Factory, and Unlimited Rods among others.

Two key JDM Tackle shop websites that have a wide selection of JDM tackle you can research but that do not ship internationally are:

Maniac's: Probably the best Toyko Tackle Shop I've ever personally visited, just about as bespoke as you can imagine. Link: Anglers shop maniac's (maniacs1091.jp)

7Palms Tackle Lure Shop: A small chain of bespoke JDM tackle shops, their flagship tackle shop is located on the shores of fabled Lake Biwa, Japan's largest natural body of water and home of the current (technically tied with Goerge Perry's record fish from 1932) world record largemouth bass, which was caught on July 2, 2009, and weighed 22 pounds and 4.97 ounces.

This tackle shop has a large inventory of hard-to-find JDM rods and obscure JDM lures and terminal tackle associated with the types/styles of fishing on Lake Biwa. 7palms Tackle Pro Shop (7palmsweb.com)

14. Member
    Appreciate all that info.the designo im interestedin is the Designo Leben DLK-C71MH+RST2S Tuned by KAMIYA

Its a tough buyers market for sure but Im not willing to overpay n actually have the patience to wait it out. One of my only virtues lol

15. Member
    Yes, I looked at that rod too before deciding to go with the 20 Olympic Vigore due primarily to the 41,500-yen price tag as opposed to the 61,000-yen price of the rod I saw on 7Palms a few weeks ago. I think both rods are in the same category of performance for my purposes in deep water football jig fishing so I went with the cheaper option so I could also order two of the Tiemco/Fenwick Techna GP rods to help me better present my "micro" vibrating blade baits.

I agree that patience is a virtue when we are facing such a strident seller's market as we are experiencing now, but as long as I operate within my budgetary constraints it's reasonable to give the Yahoo.jp auctions a try as there's always a cost vs benefit to each purchase and I just have to exercise enough discipline to ensure I don't get carried away.

I'm sure when the time is right, all things will come to those who are patient, at least that's what I tell myself when I'm muskie fishing: AKA the fish of 10k casts.

16. Member
    I'll take a gander at the auction sites n c if I can get lucky. In the meantime, I'll keep staring at that RSR until patience is no longer a virtue

17. Member
    Good luck sir!

18. Member
    She's a goner:

I still can't believe I broke it. I've only had this rod for 6 months. The fish gods have spoken and told me to get the DX746 and a Rapid Gunner HD. This will be my first time ever having to use a rod warranty. I will have to say that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pond King View Post
    She's a goner:

I still can't believe I broke it. I've only had this rod for 6 months. The fish gods have spoken and told me to get the DX746 and a Rapid Gunner HD. This will be my first time ever having to use a rod warranty. I will have to say that it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    there's a RG HD selling on Tackle Tour for $675 if you're interested

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    NRX 894 ! Everything else is compared to this rod on any feel bait !
    I can't say this rod is the best that ever existed but is what I fish for t-rigs to jigs. I have other rods that compete but this is a simple great rod. I use a balancing cap on mine to achieve perfect balance.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast