Xpress H18 Wire access area

Hello, I have a 2012 H18 and I am trying to run a new transducer cable and some other things. I have seen other Xpress boats where this entire side panel comes off for easy cable access.

I have removed all of the screws on the top, removed the panel for the shifter, and removed 4 screws that connect the cockpit to the side panel. The entire thing seems to be one piece, I can go to the front and back and lift it and it seems ready to lift up but the main wire harness/steering cables are blocking this. What am I missing here? It seems like it should just have a notch in it to slide down over the main wires so that the whole thing could lift off, but I can't get it

any help!?

2. Member
    It does not have a notch. It has a hole drilled in it that the wires and cables are ran through.

3. Member
    Correct, so how do you actually remove the whole thing to get access to the wires that are in front of the steering wheel ?

I have seen other Xpress boats where this entire thing comes off

I just done a 2001 x-21 an I removed the all the dash an gauges to access. Now I rewired the entire boat but I do know that you can access from the rear an front boxes to pull the cables through text me an I can send some pics

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea FC View Post
    Correct, so how do you actually remove the whole thing to get access to the wires that are in front of the steering wheel ?

I have seen other Xpress boats where this entire thing comes off
    You have to unhook all the wires and steering and pull them back through. Mine also had a screw or two on the very bottom edge but I don't know if they were original. You can unbolt the console from the floor and move it all over 6"s or so without unhooking everything.

6. Member
    It's a pain in the rear the way they made it.

7. Member
    I was looking at the screws for console and thinking surely I don't have to take these off and move console just to access this side panel