Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Windiest day I can recall

Been blowing over 30mph all day here in Albuquerque. Been going 35-45mph the past few hours with sustained gusts to 65mph. It's causing some serious visibility issues. Can't even see the mountains due to the dust. Driving in it is like sandblasting your vehicle. Supposed to get worse before dark.
    We have a wedding to go to tonight. Was supposed to be outdoors but had to scramble at last minute to find an indoor venue event center. Should be interesting.

2. Member
    Throughout the Midwest it’s been absolutely crazy with wind for weeks and weeks! Hope it lays down eventually I hate fishing in the wind.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

Drove down to a crappie dock. Wind was howling but the fishes were hungry.

I'm working near Denver and yesterday and today the Rockies completely disappeared at certain points. Driving back to the hotel was weird too.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    I give you Midwest guys credit for dealing with that kind of wind.. here if it’s blowing more than 20mph I end up cancelling the fishing trip. I’d take the snow over wind anyday (fishing, driving, existing, etc).
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabass3826 View Post
    Throughout the Midwest it’s been absolutely crazy with wind for weeks and weeks! Hope it lays down eventually I hate fishing in the wind.
    Agreed...it's been windy here for months!!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

7. Member
    It has been wild here this spring. Cold and windy until today 80 degrees and windy on our side of the state and a blizzard WARNING for the far NW part of the state. Derby cancelled this weekend for gusts to 60...
    Dave

8. Member
    Winds like that are insane.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    I70 from Goodland to Colby Kansas shut down due to high winds, dust, visibility at times today...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I give you Midwest guys credit for dealing with that kind of wind.. here if it’s blowing more than 20mph I end up cancelling the fishing trip. I’d take the snow over wind anyday (fishing, driving, existing, etc).
    yes our winters suck in the northeast but I will definitely deal with snow over wind..especially when fishing

11. BBC SPONSOR
    That’s some crazy wind!

12. Member
    Yup. Here we go again too! Storms all day today. Tomorrow close to 80... With 45mph winds. I live on illinois, wi, ia borders.

13. Member
    Don't ever remember it being so windy every day. I've missed several days of work because it's just to hard to stack garage doors in 40 plus mph winds. I havn't even been fishing yet since every weekend it's been cold and winds above 30 mph. First tournament is Sunday and the winds should be down to less then 20.
    John the Garage Doorman

14. Member
    Not quite that bad here but it blows just about every day. It has blown one of my gazing balls out of the concrete stand twice, breaking one. I don't ever recall that happening in years past. I have one in my yard and one in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Been blowing over 30mph all day here in Albuquerque. Been going 35-45mph the past few hours with sustained gusts to 65mph. It's causing some serious visibility issues. Can't even see the mountains due to the dust. Driving in it is like sandblasting your vehicle. Supposed to get worse before dark.
    We have a wedding to go to tonight. Was supposed to be outdoors but had to scramble at last minute to find an indoor venue event center. Should be interesting.
    Pretty bad if you can’t see the Sandias, what part of town are you in? I can see maybe Rio Rancho and not seeing them, but anything east of San Mateo, that would be bad!! Windy here, boat took a beating getting back to the ramp today.

16. Member
    Our local weatherman just posted a graph for peak wind month to date. There have only been 5 days in this month so far with peak winds below 30 mph. We are used to it being windy in Oklahoma, but good grief this has been the longest I can remember it blowing.

17. Member
    It has been a windy March and April so far.

18. Member
    Wasn’t too bad here today but we had a front come through two weeks ago that was rough. We had 20-30 mph winds all day and when the cold front arrived we had 70 mph winds for about ten minutes. A couple of small tornadoes thrown in for good measure and we called it a day. Lots of trees down. Had to get a bigger chainsaw (24” bar) to cut them up. Maple and Red Oak. Every day I have fished was 10-20 winds except one and it was dead calm. That was the toughest bite. Finally warmed up today.

19. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I don't believe the wind here in NE has quit blowing day or night for at least 4-5 weeks. 20-45 every day with some days gusting to over 60. Never seen any thing like it. I've talked to folks all over the country that report the same. 10pm now and its 75 degrees with sustained winds at 25 gusting to over 40. Also dry as a bone with no significant rain or snow fall in almost a year. Time for the farmers to get the corn in the ground. Could be a tough and expensive season

Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Pretty bad if you can’t see the Sandias, what part of town are you in? I can see maybe Rio Rancho and not seeing them, but anything east of San Mateo, that would be bad!! Windy here, boat took a beating getting back to the ramp today.
    Foothills area right off Tramway Blvd

I grew up here and never remember it this bad. I lived over near Trumbull Park. Went to Highland High.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast