Garmin Navionics + Mapping vs G3

Anybody have a review of the new update Garmin released this winter? Is it worth upgrading if you already have the G3 on an ultra unit? I always like more detail but don’t want an update that’s going to slow my unit down either.

Thanks

2. Member
    Lots of cool looking features on the Vision+ chip as well but haven't heard any real feedback about it either
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassF3arMe View Post
    Lots of cool looking features on the Vision+ chip as well but haven't heard any real feedback about it either
    I have vision plus... it's fantastic, a whole different beast than g3 was. The relief shading alone is going to have me checking places I've never thought to check before.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    I have vision plus... it's fantastic, a whole different beast than g3 was. The relief shading alone is going to have me checking places I've never thought to check before.
    Thanks for the info, that relief shading does look awesome. How does the side scan and sonar image mapping work?
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

The presentation of the Navionics+ mapping is much improved IMO and simply easier to interpret. The contour lines, creek channels, roadbeds, foundations, etc. just pop much better off the screen. The depth shading also exactly matches the contour lines now. As many users know, with LakeVu the depth shading often had a jagged appearance at the defined depth color changes. For those of you that use Autoguidance, this feature has been improved with Navionics+. And don't forget the "daily" update feature with the new mapping.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassF3arMe View Post
    Thanks for the info, that relief shading does look awesome. How does the side scan and sonar image mapping work?
    Now that I can't tell you... none of the lakes I fish have the sonar mapping done!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

7. Member
    I switched to the Vision+ card and it is absolutely worth it just for the relief shading.
    Risen From The Ashes!!