Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    We really enjoyed camping at State Parks, one just south of Houghton, at Twin Lakes and then our other stop was near the Mackinac Bridge, the state park right at the base of the bridge in the UP.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

2. Member
    I just spent a week fishing at Drummond Island...It's unbelievable fishing and we caught a number of master angler fish..
    We caught Herring/whitefish, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye, Perch, Lake Trout and Salmon..
    I think next year I am going to try to take a run at catching 4 different master angler fish( different species) in a week there..We concentrated on filling the coolers with Herring and white fish but I'd like to break away from that..
    As far as touristy stuff Drummond Island is absolutely awesome and it's just 45 mins or so from the bridge..You can take a ferry over for around 10 bucks or so each way..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Member
    Not sure if this fits with your trip but if you have a chance to visit Torch Lake then it would really be a pretty place to see.

4. Member
    Don't forget to visit Sault Ste Marie. Lived there for four years. Go see the ships go through the locks, or better yet if you have time, take a boat trip through the locks. The tour to the freighter museum is interesting. Stop by the Antlers Bar and Grill for a dining experience. Then head down to Mackinaw Island and Mackinaw City. In Mackinaw City they have the Coast Guard icebreaker which you can take a tour of. All of the other spots recommended are great also.

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    If you go to the Soo Locks, try to time it when one of the "footers" (a 1000 ft lake freighter) is going through. These things are huge compared to all the other ships that go through the Soo Locks.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12