Sunline Line Question

What is the difference between Shooter and Sniper?

2. Member
    I find Shooter is little stiffer, a little more abrasion resistant and it is supposed to be more sensitive. I have used it in the past and actually prefer Sniper. I find it more manageable, plenty strong and and can't tell a difference in the sensitivity. It is also cheaper which is a plus.
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-26-2022 at 11:09 PM.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

I don't know the difference between the two you mentioned.
    I went with SUNLINE SUPER MONO this year, because of a special they had going on, a buy 2 get 1 free deal. I have not been pleased with this line at all, seems to get frayed really easily, and have had multiple break offs. Will definitely be going back to SUFIX ELITE next year.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I find Shooter is little stiffer, a little more abrasion resistant and it is supposed to be more sensitive. I have used it in the past and actually prefer Sniper. I find it more manageable, plenty strong and and can't tell a difference in the sensitivity. It is also cheaper which is a plus.
    Sort of this.

Shooter has less stretch as well.

Most use shooter on bait cast and with slack line baits for a better hook set. Sniper on spinning etc.

Sniper is by far the most popular of the two at least around here.

6. Member
    I have always liked assassin and super but because of stock I count find the assassin in the bulk spools that I wanted so went with sniper , I think Sunline makes one of the best line you can buy.

Swindle says shooter for flipping & pitching , sniper for everything else.

8. Member
    I think a lot of guys use shooter for contact baits and flipping. Sniper is more manageable. I like sniper though assassin is a really good line for the money. It is a hair thicker than sniper but still a small diameter compared to other brands like Berkley

9. Member
    I use Sniper for everything , and I pitch jigs a lot , along with plastics ! Sniper has served me well and any issue has always been from laziness or self inflicted !

10. Member
    I'm a sniper guy for years but tried assassin this year and couldn't believe how good it was. Shooter is just too expensive for me to use.

I use Sniper for many if not all things....just haven't seen the need to try anything else if it works.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Also pretty much used Sniper for everything, other than hard contact like heavy jigs - tried a few brands but wound up with Daiwa J-Fluoro for heavy hitters and Sniper still for everything else

13. Member
    I use 20 lb shooter for bottom contact presentations. Double San Diego jam knot and all is good. I check line often to make sure it’s not frayed.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

Shooter for single hook applications, Sniper for treble hooks and everything else.

15. Member
    i've been using assassin for pretty much everything the past few years, and have been pleased with it. i picked up a spool of the 17# nite fc back in the summer, and now am using it for plastics & jigs.