Thread: Eyra or Puma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I got to drive a new puma sts with a merc 300 . Empty boat 40 -50 gallons fuel it would not break 80 mph best we we’ve had it to is 78 mph with a 24 fury . It’s a awesome boat no doubt can’t wait to ride in it at Kentucky lake and lake of the Ozarks this year . I would not own one with a 250 . It’s a big Boat more hp the better when it gets big on the lake .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    I got to drive a new puma sts with a merc 300 . Empty boat 40 -50 gallons fuel it would not break 80 mph best we we’ve had it to is 78 mph with a 24 fury . It’s a awesome boat no doubt can’t wait to ride in it at Kentucky lake and lake of the Ozarks this year . I would not own one with a 250 . It’s a big Boat more hp the better when it gets big on the lake .
    If you didn’t hit 80 with a 300 there is a set up issue. It’s a mid 80’s boat with a 300.

3. Member
    We know how to set up a bass boat to run but it won’t break 80 when we put 40-50 rods in there and all of bass pro shop fishing tackle. We have a 1/2 dozen or so props on hand to try on it .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    I have a friend that had his sts with a 250 hit 80. Not an everyday thing but the sts is a fast boat for the size. The deal with the eyra is it’s governed in the hull if that is ever pulled out of it. There won’t be a bass boat with a 250 that can touch it.
    He may be talking about my STS/250 PXS.
    This 22 Puma is faster than my 19 Eyra. Tournament loaded the STS is 79 and the Eyra was 78. Empty livewells, I can hit 80 pretty regularly. I hit the rev limiter with a 24 Fury, went to a 25 and now turning 6100 RPM.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clu3V_LgB5m/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here's a vid for the skeptics.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRisley View Post
    He may be talking about my STS/250 PXS.
    This 22 Puma is faster than my 19 Eyra. Tournament loaded the STS is 79 and the Eyra was 78. Empty livewells, I can hit 80 pretty regularly. I hit the rev limiter with a 24 Fury, went to a 25 and now turning 6100 RPM.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clu3V_LgB5m/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here's a vid for the skeptics.
    I’m not here to argue - I’m only asking because I’m not familiar with the gauge.

Is it showing speed from a GPS or measured at the motor by water? Looks like there’s a little difference in what the graph is showing and what the gauge shows.

Either way, I’d be thrilled if mine will hit upper 70’s with a 250. I certainly don’t expect it to be as fast as my Cougar or an Eyra.
    2023 Puma STS

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Its hard to compare set ups due to the 10% rule on outboards.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I’m not here to argue - I’m only asking because I’m not familiar with the gauge.

Is it showing speed from a GPS or measured at the motor by water? Looks like there’s a little difference in what the graph is showing and what the gauge shows.

Either way, I’d be thrilled if mine will hit upper 70’s with a 250. I certainly don’t expect it to be as fast as my Cougar or an Eyra.
    Look closely at the gauge, it indicates GPS speed. It's a Mercury SC-1000. The speed on the graph lags a couple of seconds behind.

8. Member
    Sc1000 speed gauge is run off gps/nmea

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123