Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2022 Chevy. Can't get help from Chevrolet!!!!

Am I the only one who had an injector go out and is basically getting the stiff from Chevrolet? The part is on back order with no estimated arrival date and they won’t provide me with a truck or any type of solution to the issue!

** 2022 Chevy 1500 RST 6,200 miles **

2. Banned
    shoulda bought a yota

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Almag6 View Post
    shoulda bought a yota
    That’s helpful…..

Not sure how they can justify you not having a vehicle. Will your insurance cover a rental? The dealer should be providing you with a loaner in my opinion.

4. Member
    Have you tried different dealers, etc. Have you exhausted all of your efforts to get it fixed? I'd call all dealers around to see if they have parts in stock...
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

5. Member
    I had to replace my left side bank injectors on my 2021 @ 24000 miles. After the dealer dicked me around for a day it took a dog cussing, and a better have my truck ready by the weekend for them to overnight the parts from the warehouse in jackson ms.

6. Member
    I had way too many dealership visits in 14 and 2015 before giving up and moving to a Tundra.

There was a number to call for disputes in my owners manual, the regional rep helped but GM could not guarantee a fix. You can try 800-222-1020 and see if they can help. I will say each dealership did give me a loaner, even when my 2008 blew up they gave me a loaner.

I’d love to go back to GM and a new Silverado but after two VERY costly bad ones I am not sure if I will ever go back.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codyr View Post
    Am I the only one who had an injector go out and is basically getting the stiff from Chevrolet? The part is on back order with no estimated arrival date and they won’t provide me with a truck or any type of solution to the issue!

** 2022 Chevy 1500 RST 6,200 miles **
    It's not just GM. I read these kinds of things daily on Ram forums too. And I've heard Ford is no better. All have excessive wait times on certain repair parts.
    John

Similar issue with a 2021 GMC Sierra with the 3.0l Diesel. 17K miles. Fourth time I have had to take it in for a faulty engine knock sensor issue. Its covered under warranty. Its been there a week now, no loaner, and no rentals available.

9. Member
    That is a disgrace. I would want to drive it into the showroom floor and tell them to keep it. I have a 2011 GMC and the TCM went out, long story short GM didn't have any info on when they would be available nor would they tell me anything. Dealerships across the country said they didn't have info on timeline only GM did. So I eventually had to just buy one for 4.5x the retail price off eBay. Granted mine was out of warranty I just needed a timeline, they still couldn't be of any help. You're under warranty, I would be talking to an attorney shortly to see if you have any viable options or SOL.

10. Member
    Unfortunately that is becoming more and more common. Most new vehicle warranties do not include a loaner vehicle dealers just give them out as a courtesy. Your best bet is to check into the lemon law and how long it can be out of service before you can force a buy back.

11. Member
    Almost all of the new Gm's are having the same issue before 20,000 miles. China made injectors and they are failing. Part shortages are real and are a real problem on parts being imported. I work at a dealership and given the inventory shortages loaner vehicles are just not possible. The loaner programs are done through the manufacturer but when they can't provide enough inventory for dealerships to sell then they sure don't have loaner vehicles sitting around. Keeping the doors open on dealerships has been a real struggle the last 2 1/2 years. After seeing the GM issues there is no chance I would buy a new one.

Call Ford and tell them you need a bed for an F150....

The parts chain is so destroyed right now. I have so many friends in industries that are dealing with it.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Unfortunately that is becoming more and more common. Most new vehicle warranties do not include a loaner vehicle dealers just give them out as a courtesy. Your best bet is to check into the lemon law and how long it can be out of service before you can force a buy back.
    You're right, companies turning out bad product and/or service while the consumer is supposed to just accept it is becoming more and more common.

14. Member
    I had a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali that spent 17+ weeks in the dealership last summer. My biggest issue was with the Dealership and their lack of communication / honesty more than anything but it left a bad taste in my mouth for GM products. I also didn't think that one of their nicer trucks should be having 17+ weeks of issues under 50k miles. Even fully covered under warranty I ended up contacting GMC Customer Care and let them handle dealing with the dealer and getting updates, it kept me from going to jail haha. 800-462-8782 is their number. The dealer never told me but Customer Care did that after 4 weeks they will either pay for a rental or make your truck payment for you. Once the truck was done they sent the reimbursement check pretty quick. I'm still not convinced they figured out the issue, so many codes thrown for no reason, they just swapped out parts. It ended up throwing them again, I cleared it and it never came back, I think they chased a ghost computer problem. At the end of the day, I really didn't feel like anyone at GM cared, ended up trading it in for a Ram. It seems lots of folks with lots of problems with them.

15. Member
    If they have a vehicle more than 30 days for a warranty item it falls under the lemon law

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post

Its a little work but it does work

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    If they have a vehicle more than 30 days for a warranty item it falls under the lemon law
    ^This is correct^..they usually have a few days grace period....

18. Member
    I got an AT4 two years ago. Dream truck. Got 30K miles and started having problems. Take to the dealership, they wait two weeks for parts and find something else. Finally made it to the transmission. One month for parts. Found a Tundra in GA with 3,500 miles on it like new. Called the dealership at GM and told them to get it fixed, it was heading for trade in. Done and done. Love the Tundra (still V8). Mileage isnt the best but doesnt take 92 gas.

19. Member
    Guess i better knock on wood but my 2019 Denali.1500 6.2 has 43,000 miles other than a few updates no problems at all.

Now apply all that you know about this to outboard motors and you will see why some of us have been so anti 4 stroke hi-tech computerized motors. Manufacturers have you by the balls when you cannot repair it own your own or in a local repair shop.
    And I have a 2014 GMC and yeah Ida bought the Toyota.

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast