Thread: Xi5 foot pedal

Xi5 foot pedal

My Xi5 will no longer turn to the left (counter clockwise) from the foot pedal. All other functions work correctly and it will turn left from the remote.

Is there some adjustment that can be made inside the pedal or is it a bad switch? I think I read on here a while back that the switches cannot be replaced and if that is the problem the entire pedal needs to be replaced.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Member
    Most likely a bad switch. unless you can feel it hanging up and binding somehow.

3. Member
    XI5 foot pedal is not repairable. You will have to replace it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    XI5 foot pedal is not repairable. You will have to replace it.
    I hate that we are living in a disposable society and try to fix things when I can. I resurrected this thread in hopes that I can help someone having an similar issue.

I had taken the back cover off the foot pedal to see if I could figure the problem out. I was checking continuity and the pedal started working properly. Thinking I had fixed it I closed it back up and went fishing.

The pedal worked fine for a couple of trips and then the same problem developed. It wasn't until this week that I got around to fiddling with it again. This time I took the back cover off and realized that is all I needed to do to get it working. Putting the cover in place loosely didn't have any effect but pushing it into place tightly created the problem. I tried to figure out what was causing that and couldn't find anything. I decided to put some .040 shims at each screw point and when I put it back together it worked fine.

The jury is still out until I use it on the water a few times but I am pretty sure it is fixed.

I did the same thing a few times, the board is bad. You should be able to see it if you look close enough. Order a new one. I've owned several of these since their introduction. Mine is working the best it ever has with the SWUP22 update and the updates on my Lowrance. I keep a spare pedal around though.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    You should be able to see it if you look close enough.
    What am I looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    What am I looking for?
    Bubbles, separation, corrosion