Thread: My Quest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks. Now on to next year. Hope you get to feeling better.

2. Member
    On the board in 24! It was another cold and cloudy morning on the Rock but the sun finally made an appearance around 1:00 PM. Put 8 in the boat and all but 3 were pretty small.

3. Member
    Good job Craig! I went but never had a bump, hopefully be different today.

I tried yesterday, but could only catch wipers at Coffey Co. Caught around 10 of them and could have caught more, but I wanted to catch a bass.

5. Member
    Can I join the club? 1-2-24

That is a good one.

7. Member
    Nice job Smalljawer! I was back sitting at a desk and staring at a computer screen all day.

Well the monthly streak of catching a bass ended today. Only was able to get out the one time in January before the big freeze.

9. Member
    Bummer your streak came to an end. I am on the clock now to keep my streak going but it will be tough. It looks like rain this weekend but hopefully I can get out at least once before the month is over. If we were retired like Smalljawer it would be much easier.

10. Member
    Yep, caught 9 biggest was maybe 2 1/2 yesterday. I'll get a picture of one today. Yes I'm going today and will catch fish!!!! At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Bummer your streak came to an end. I am on the clock now to keep my streak going but it will be tough. It looks like rain this weekend but hopefully I can get out at least once before the month is over. If we were retired like Smalljawer it would be much easier.
    Yep, the work thing got in the way this month for sure.

12. Member
    Congrats on the February bass Smalljawer! It seems like there are a lot of words that begin with a "W" like work that have a negative impact on fishing time.

13. Member
    Well I decided to take a road trip to the Rock this weekend and am now on the board for February but it was tough. I was clearing ice from my rods and reels until about noon on Saturday. Braided line becomes a cold hard to manage messy slush when temps are below freezing. I zeroed Saturday fishing the main lake. There was an MLF Open going on Saturday and the winning weight was 22 lbs. I heard umbrella rigs were working well with FFS but I have been too cheap to upgrade to FFS and I didn't bring any umbrella rigs. i think around 40 of the boats in the tourney also zeroed. I only managed one short fish today but thankfully no ice. Hopefully I can make a redemption trip to the Rock next month.

Dang Craig, sucks to travel and not have much success. I went to Wl Co and caught a couple February fish. Water temp was 42* and they bit a jerkbait. Was cold, windy and had some rain that I didn't know was in the forecast. Not bad for February though I suppose. Glad I didn't make the trip to Wolf Creek though, wouldn't have been able to get on the lake probably.

15. Member
    Glad you got on the board in February! I figured Wolf Creek would be slammed with boats which was a big factor in going to Table Rock. I also enjoy fishing vertical out there with spoons and Damiki rigs during winter and watching my lure and fish on sonar but just could not locate the fish. That lake seems to be fishing differently during the past year so I am going to have to learn and adapt. I can't believe that 3 days ago I was dealing with ice on my gear but today and most of the next 7 days are supposed to be beautiful. Mother Nature seems to really enjoy kicking me in the nuts.

16. Member

Not much but hopefully they will get better as the month goes on

Caught a decent one yesterday. Had a little bit of fun picking off white bass on the livescope. Of course, I thought they were black bass before i got one to bite.
    IMG_20240303_151618133_HDR.jpg

18. Member
    Maybe the next generation livescope will identify the species. But them white bass are fun

19. Member
    Nice job guys! The wind was ridiculous here yesterday. I spent the weekend doing a bunch of maintenance to my boat which included breaking out the Little Green Machine and cleaning the carpet. The carpet cleaning should guarantee I will find the white bass next trip because nothing craps on carpet more than those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Nice job guys! The wind was ridiculous here yesterday. I spent the weekend doing a bunch of maintenance to my boat which included breaking out the Little Green Machine and cleaning the carpet. The carpet cleaning should guarantee I will find the white bass next trip because nothing craps on carpet more than those things.
    I always seem to catch a channel cat and get that slime on my freshly cleaned carpet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast