Thread: Summer Skipping

Summer Skipping

I enjoy skipping docks with jigs but normally I just skip docks from November up until April. I live in the south and it's pretty productive during late fall and early spring. As a rule I put my skipping rods up during the summer. Does anyone skip throughout the summer months and if you do what weight and color jig do you use? On my "home" lake I have success with red/black and black/blue jigs. I assume that green pumpkin would be good during summer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Up here in MN, I find skipping in the heat of the summer is the best time. Fish are seeking shade and cover more than ever. The challenge is finding good quality docks that aren't just all cheesed up and have a bit of open water. The skipping season in GA you mention is our time of the year in MN where we are putting away our bass fishing gear as ice starts forming and then it typically melts in April.....haha. Up here in MN, I tend to use sunfish or craw colors in clearer water and tend to go to a black/blue jig in dirty water. Occasionally I have skipped a white jig around docks in really dirty water, but not typically. Happy Skipping!
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

Year round for me. I feel like some fish love on docks year round

Here on my home lake NC that's where the Bass go when the sun comes up.

5. Member
    hard to beat summertime for skipping jigs.. go with your confidence in color but yes green pumpkins always a good choice

6. Member
    Skipping topwaters around docks. Luv topwater time!