Might have got in over my head a little

So got back into the dirt bikes a while back. Did some trading with a guy and got myself a 2000 KTM 250 EXC.
    Have done a bunch of small stuff with it but it runs and rides great.
    So being a bit of a tinker type person I thought I would look around and find myself a project dirt bike.
    Found a 2006 CRF250R Was pretty well all there but the motor was blown. Not sure what happened to it to blow.
    Kid I got it from didnt have the piston that came out of the bike but looking at the Cyl it looks to me like it cold siezed.

So with all that said I had thought well ill jsut put it back together for me and do it a little at a time. Im really not afraid to tear into it at all as I do have some experience with bikes and working on them.
    What I didnt know about these older model CRFs is that they had pretty bad valve issues and the falves would wear bad due to the valve seat material being harder than the valve itself.
    So I am kind of in a bit of a struggle on what to do with this thing.
    If i go all out and get really top end parts its going to cost me about $2K in parts alone. I could go cheaper and be about $1500.

And then the other day will looking the bike over a bit the way it sits i noticed a bolt boss that bolts the cyl head to the case has been broke off. SO to repair that it would need a left hand case. And if I go that route I should jsut put a new crank in it also. So another $400 for a crank and $150-$200 for a case half.

Have put the bike on facebook marketplace to try and either part it out or sell it as a whole and i get all kinds of questions and people wanting stuff but no one buys.
    So im kind of in a debate here on what I should do with this thing

Those 4 strokes can cost a small fortune to get going. I spent around $2300 on my old XR200R to get it running. I would just try to sell it off as a project or sit on the parts as you part it out. You can look for savage yard type places that will buy them but you'll be taking a loss.

3. Member
    Lots of CR, YZ250 4 strokes around, the problem is the same one you have, they are either blown up or just freshly rebuilt [cough, cough] they are hard to keep together. The later KTM's are the only ones I would consider in the 250's. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.