Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

boat trailer steps

I have two bad knees with limited range so its very difficult for me to get in and out of the boat when loading and unloading....is there a trailer step out there that is pretty good and doesnt cost near $500?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    Took my Stratos 200 pro xl to a local machine shop and they made me some for$150

3. Member
    I've got the trick Steps and they're awesome. One of the best things I ever bought for my boat. Give them a look, you won't be disappointed.

4. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post
    I've got the trick Steps and they're awesome. One of the best things I ever bought for my boat. Give them a look, you won't be disappointed.
    Same here. I don't want to be without them.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Most qualify steps that are factory made will be around $500, custom local shop can be less if you know the right person but its hard to beat a Trick Step, we are a dealer for them, let us know if we can help

https://drewcraft.com/product/boat-trick-step/
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    I just put a set of the East Steps on the trailer of my G3 Sportsman. That work great and cost less than $400.

7. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Both EFX and Trick Step also offer Mil/Vet/1RP discounts as well if applicable to you. Won't get it down to the $150 range, but will knock 10% off at least, every little bit helps these days. I can speak for Andy (DrewCraft), but he probably can get you similar price on the TS, I suggest you give him a call.

9. Member
    Pay the money. Get one of the those two. They fit. Right height. Right angle. Perfect welds. Correct materials. Properly adhered paint. Customer service. To your door in 4 days.

just do it for your own safety and piece of mind. It will end up at over $300 by any local worth his weld.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

10. Member
    Trick step. I should’ve bought them five years ago.

11. Member
    Trick steps are the best addition to my boat I have ever put money into.

12. Member
    I will never own another boat without Trick Steps.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Pay the money. Get one of the those two. They fit. Right height. Right angle. Perfect welds. Correct materials. Properly adhered paint. Customer service. To your door in 4 days.

just do it for your own safety and piece of mind. It will end up at over $300 by any local worth his weld.
    I designed my own and had them welded up for less than $200.... and they're superior to what's on the market.

14. Member
    ^^^^

Me too, stole a couple ideas from the pro's and made my own. Thicker steel and I welded myself. Even my "fat" fishing buddies can use them.

15. Member
    trick steps are the best....they made me a custom handle, no problem....

16. Scraps
    I wouldn't mess with this and do what you can to buy a bolt-on solution. Less headache and safe.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

17. Member
    Like said above, pay the money and protect your health. Absolutely positively get one with the pole. Good luck.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I wouldn't mess with this and do what you can to buy a bolt-on solution. Less headache and safe.
    IMOP mine are FAR safer than the all the commercially available options that i studied.... including the ones listed.

IMOP it makes far more sense to enter the boat from an angle more perpendicular to the center line. Spiral steps....

IMOP it makes far more sense to rotate your COG around the pole when entering the boat (pulling/stabilizing force)) vs with the pole on a diagonal to your body mass...(pushing force) If you slip you aren't falling INTO the pole you're using the pole to either prevent the fall or arrest the fall. You fall INTO the pole you're very possibly exiting the boat.

IMOP it makes FAR more sense to have substantially larger steps.... steps that are covered in diamond plate or traction material (like sandpaper) vs rubber. Not only that I had a guard welded to the outside of the step to hopefully keep my foot from slipping off the step.

IMOP makes far more sense to enter the boat on more of a diagonal to the bow electronics vs having to step over them....

Not only that you can save a substantial amount of money.

19. Member
    what he said! One fall would certainly cost more, they are worth every penny!

I have had boatefx on last boat. My new came with steps. I can't imagine a boat without them now. Worth every penny as you get older.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast