Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Google maps is your friend. Don’t take their word when the people renting say “plenty of room for boats” lol
    This for sure. We stay at both, depends on the motel situation and whether it's just 1 boat or more...more than 1 and we lean towards airBnB or VRBO. We had a great cabin up in Northern WI last September where the guy gave us a code for his 40 x 60 pole barn, was right on the water and after practice and day 1 of the tournament I was catching smallies off the dock on a spook while dinner was cooking (we didn't stay on tournament waters).

2. Member
    No more Hotels for me if I can find an AB&B or VRBO that's close or on the lake. Safer and don't have to worry about stuff being stolen or
    vandalized.

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if more than 1 nite it's vrbo, air bnb or evolve

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Do it all the time. Next one will be next month. Always check it out on maps and speak with the host to make sure.

5. Member
    Google earth street view…

6. Member
    We stay on the water and keep our boars docked all week.

7. Member
    Have done both. Hotels with outdoor electric hookups are the one we stay at because they seem to cater to anglers. Always check with the VRBO/AirBnB before though as some have local ordnances which have prohibited trailers left in the driveway, boats in front of the home etc.

8. dinadore
    I choose hotels usually. After I got acquainted with HotelPlanner reviews, I started choosing hotels more often. It's always safer and more comfortable for me. Also, I often meet new people there and it's so cool
    Last edited by dinadore; 01-17-2024 at 10:53 AM.

I do more hotels just because I travel by myself more often than not, and usually cheaper. For a group I'd be looking at a VRBO. Parking just ask, be up front with them and all is good. I know many have a no fish cleaning rule.

Although I have stayed at a few that were cheaper than hotels.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Usually air bnb will be cheaper also. Plus who wants to sleep where a movie was made the night before?
    Check for hidden cameras.......You might be in the movie !...................

VRBOs or Airbnbs for our family vacations that always include me bringing the boat. If I'm going solo I am camping and sleeping in the back of my truck.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I do more hotels just because I travel by myself more often than not, and usually cheaper. For a group I'd be looking at a VRBO. Parking just ask, be up front with them and all is good. I know many have a no fish cleaning rule.

Although I have stayed at a few that were cheaper than hotels.
    You can message the ABNB host prior to booking to ask questions and also check all reviews.
    After booking, you generally get there phone number to ask any further questions.
    They should be upfront with all your questions as ABNB will contact them for any issues if a future tenant or tenant complains.
    If for some reason you want out after you change your mind, most have a very lengthly cancellation policy.

13. Member
    Airbnb for me. I always communicate before booking and make sure there is plenty of room to get the boat in & out. I've found most of the hosts near the lakes I fish to be knowledgeable and helpful. Have had some real nice sites including a private community ramp on Lake Norman last year.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also ask a member on here if they live by or near the area of the ABNB that can give you some insight into the area.......just did that on a trip back in October.....ended up finding a cabin on outskirts of town that worked out great....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Member
    I always contactbthe owner and ask if they have ample parking and eletrical plugs.

I have done both. Depends on the group and where its at.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12