Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reflex Flooring in the Cockpit Yes or No

I'm considering a new boat and would like some feedback on reFLEX flooring. If you have it and you are picky, would you order it again? Is it a pain to maintain and keep looking like new. One of the benefits of Bass Cat boats is no plastic to maintain. My previous Rangers had plastic panels which required constant maintenance to keep looking okay. The carpeting in my Lynx has held up extremely well. I hose it off once a year and vacuum it throughout the season. Are there any coatings (e.g., ceramic) that could be applied to protect the reFLEX flooring?

Great question.

I went with the flooring, but not the whole deck.

If it gets nasty it can be replaced.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

It’s about 50/50 in production.

4. Member
    I’ve got reflex on my entire Puma STS. It does show dirt easier than carpet but other than that I like it. I have MS and my balance gets a little wonky sometimes so I really like the firmness over carpet. The other thing is that since it doesn’t hold water my boat runs the same wether it’s wet or dry. I could really feel the speed difference after a heavy rain when I had carpet.

I have the reflex in my cockpit. Would I do it again, I'm not sure. It does show dirt, I make it a habit of rinsing the bottom of my shoes before climbing in, course some say I might be a bit anal.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

6. Member
    Do you go on long trips with the boat or have times when the boat is stored outside? The biggest benefit to me is the quick dry aspect. If you just go for a day trip and park the boat in the garage after most of the time, its hard to beat the look and durability of carpet.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    My boat is typically stored on a covered aluminum dock. Now I'm seriously considering a 2023 left over Puma STS that has reFLEX flooring in the cockpit area.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I have the Reflex in the cockpit and I think its ok. I think I'd rather have carpet.

How is it in the full boat vs carpet?
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I have the reflex in my cockpit. Would I do it again, I'm not sure. It does show dirt, I make it a habit of rinsing the bottom of my shoes before climbing in, course some say I might be a bit anal.
    i can't imagine anyone saying that !

Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    i can't imagine anyone saying that !
    Lol, you got me beat Craig.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

12. Member
    I have it in the entire boat. Yes, I'm picky. It cleans up fairly easily if you get a scrub brush and soap.

I like the way it looks. It dries easily. I don't get treble hooks stuck in it.

It shows dirt very easily.

If you are going fishing 2 or 3 times a week and only washing it once a month, it's going to look dirty.

I would definitely order it again. The positives outweigh the negative.

I would feel differently if I didn't have time to clean it semi-regularly.
    2023 Puma STS

13. Member
    Bass cat has the best carpet I have noticed in a bass boat. I really like it on the decks however, it holds a lot of water in the cock pit and takes forever to dry if I don't shop vac it out. I think I'd like to get a dark reflex floor in the cock pit area only. Wonder if I can upgrade this ...?

14. Member
    I am going back to carpet!

Well, I just ordered it for the entire boat, Yes, it can get dirty if you don’t clean.

But I did a bunch of research and love the fact that it dries faster and stays cooler.

I figured, I ordered the latest and great new Cat, why not try the new Reflex too.

Bass Cat carpet is amazing, but I hate a wet boat.

I guess I will have to clean after each trip. no big deal.
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Well, I just ordered it for the entire boat, Yes, it can get dirty if you don’t clean.

But I did a bunch of research and love the fact that it dries faster and stays cooler.

I figured, I ordered the latest and great new Cat, why not try the new Reflex too.

Bill- Which boat did you order?

Which boat did you order?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post

I have an Aqua Traction floor in my 24 ft Checkmate which is a PE flooring similar to Reflex. The boat sits always covered with a full marine concepts cover under a covered dock. I use it about 45 hours per year and it has a bimini top in the summer. So very little exposure to the elements. It looks good, it feels good. It is very high maintenance. Any water will leave a ring stain, rain water that seeps through the cover vents, lake water (Keowee is a very clean lake), bottled water, etc. I have to clean the water stain rings with upholstery cleaner after each outing if it got wet.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    Which boat did you order?

Caracal STS
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

19. Member
    I have sea dek in the entirity of my regal 2800 and it feels great on bare feet. Anyone who wears gym shoes or sandels on the boat if they have anything on the bottom it stains and has to be clean. The quick drying is the only positive in my opinion as I can't imagine the dirt on it from boots and gym shoes and some of the gnarley ramps that I put my boat in from. For a pleasure boat it is a no brainer though.

20. Member
    Howdy,

Is this an all rubber floor or the hybrid rubber floor with the carpet edges along the compartment lids? Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like on the bow deck?

take care,

Ruddiger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast