Thread: Sassafras River

Sassafras River

I will be visiting the Galena area during the summers, primarily June- sept, Oct? I most likely will stay in the Sassafras by may fish other areas as well.

I am not looking for specific spots, just general info, best boat ramps, areas to avoid (Navigational Hazards) don’t go in or get out of this creek, area during low tide, best source for tides, best map card….

I will be fishing solo out of a Phoenix 919, if that makes a difference.

Any info you are willing to provide is greatly appreciated. I can help with some info on Anna and Harris Chain if needed. PM if preferred.

2. Scraps
    The Navionics card is OK and what I've been using. But just as on other bodies of water I've learned it's not "exact" but good enough for general navigation. If there re other better cards I'm not sure. At your location, so many good areas just a short boat ride away. Duffy's in the Sass is a nice ramp. Anchor Marine, Tydings, Elk Neck State Park, and Dundee are the most popular launches.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    On that river. I would say Lloyds creek is the only tricky creek to get in and out of. Run the main channel you will be fine. Navionics is pretty accurate, well my version is. Good luck. Been a tough river for me last few years.