Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bass Talk Live podcasts?

I don’t see any new shows since July 20. I’m probably missing something obvious but need my BTL fix . Thanks for getting me up to speed.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. Member
    They haven’t been uploaded so it’s definitely not just you. It’s been really irregular lately so I’ve been getting my bass podcasts from Mercer, the Bilge (Zaldains), and anglers happy hour. I even resorted to listening to stray casts
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Not sure what's up. You can find a couple from the last couple weeks ok youtube, but Matt hasn't got them any father than that as far as I can tell. Tried emailing him last week. No response

4. Member
    If Matt doesn’t want the audience, then I’ll give him his wish and quit listening altogether. It’s not a very good show anymore anyway, it needs a co-host badly.

Matt doesn't upload the videos the same way mark did. You have to go to the "live" tab on the channel and you will see most of the stuff you're missing.

Sucks he let the show fall to the wayside,
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

6. Member
    It’s gone downhill , and uncle Frank only catches 5lbers -never anything smaller - it’s getting repetitive and I miss the older Ike 1.0 podcasts with the whole crew - new stuff Ike 2.0 is repetitive- he needs the crew back for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    If Matt doesn’t want the audience, then I’ll give him his wish and quit listening altogether. It’s not a very good show anymore anyway, it needs a co-host badly.

People these days have short attention spans and little patience. If he doesn't release content on a more consistent basis people will move on to something else.
    Gotta stay relevant and consistent.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    It’s gone downhill , and uncle Frank only catches 5lbers -never anything smaller - it’s getting repetitive and I miss the older Ike 1.0 podcasts with the whole crew - new stuff Ike 2.0 is repetitive- he needs the crew back for sure !
    i agree.. not a fan of the new Ike show.. basically it’s the same podcast style that nearly everyone is regurgitating. When he had the whole crew it was different than the rest and that’s what made it great
    1995 Ranger 481v

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    People these days have short attention spans and little patience. If he doesn't release content on a more consistent basis people will move on to something else.
    Gotta stay relevant and consistent.

It’s not even that for me, it was just more fun, when Mark and Matt would argue different points of topics. Even when Hallman is on, it’s a completely different show. I get it, it’s hard to make a show interesting when you’re by yourself; but he’s just so monotone by himself and doesn’t want to talk about “touchy” topics anymore. He’s too worried about making sponsors mad and his buddies. The young man can’t make it in the fishing world (tournament), he just needs to accept it and make the show his priority.

I know a lot of people get tired of the Franks “smashed them”, but he’s the only show I’ll listen to now. Back to the co-host thing, Matt’s just better having someone to talk too.

10. Member
    Easy to knock him, but I really like the direction Matt has taken the show. More real fishing stuff and less "entertainment" but that's just me.

Tough to do it all and tough to compete while pumping out shows as well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    Easy to knock him, but I really like the direction Matt has taken the show. More real fishing stuff and less "entertainment" but that's just me.

Agreed, I actually like the show even better now, problem is the dude barely puts any content out. I get that he’s driving around the country and fishing tournament/doing media events, whatever, but he needs to realize he’s letting other podcasts take his place. And we all know cashing 2/3 opens checks per year isn’t paying the bills. I’ve been listening to a lot of “serious anglers podcast” to fill the BTL gap.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post

I personally have nothing bad to say about what Matt has done with the show. That's why I'm missing it. Just thought maybe I needed to update my phone or something to get the podcasts. I hope Matt makes the Elite Series soon as he is obviously a talented fisherman with a dream and has paid his dues. I don't know how we can complain about his putting out content when he typically puts out 4 shows a week. Just thought maybe this was an August vacation in between tournaments. I'm a Pangrac fan. Just needing a BTL fix.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorRob View Post
    I personally have nothing bad to say about what Matt has done with the show. That's why I'm missing it. Just thought maybe I needed to update my phone or something to get the podcasts. I hope Matt makes the Elite Series soon as he is obviously a talented fisherman with a dream and has paid his dues. I don't know how we can complain about his putting out content when he typically puts out 4 shows a week. Just thought maybe this was an August vacation in between tournaments. I'm a Pangrac fan. Just needing a BTL fix.
    Blowing off a month of podcasts during one of the busiest times of the fishing season is pretty bad imo. It’s not the guy is working 60 hours a week with a day job or has a pile of kids or something. I mean the guy hasn’t even really had a tournament discussion about the stuff that went down at Cayuga!

I havent listend to an episode in a while.
    I was a serious listener when it was Mark and Matt.
    The show had a good flow to it. Myself personally I am not a sports fan (basketball, football,etc) and the sports stuff did (to me) get anoying.
    Now that it is jsut Matt alone and all fishing only...To me its worse.

Matt does need a co-host in my opinion and not just on a few episodes but on every episode like he was with Mark. To me the podcast only goes one way and one way only, nothing wrong with that its all Matts now but even the likes of KVD told him, and he even said it on the podcast that KVD told Matt to focus on BTL, and Matt is not doing that. To each their own but I think if Matt does not get his priorities straight hes going to loose the majority of his audience in the next couple of years.
    Hes a hell of an angler no doubt in that, but hes shown it in the Opens that he is not getting in the black as far as money goes and also loosing listiners which is his income. To me, if it were me. I would still fish what I could as far as tournaments like he always has, but I would focus on BTL.
    Mark was an innovater in the industry and what he had done. Matt has not shown that at all.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Blowing off a month of podcasts during one of the busiest times of the fishing season is pretty bad imo. It’s not the guy is working 60 hours a week with a day job or has a pile of kids or something. I mean the guy hasn’t even really had a tournament discussion about the stuff that went down at Cayuga!
    He hasnt blowed off a month of podcasts. They are on you tube. He just had one 6hrs ago. Plus many others this past month. Im not sure why they arent being uploaded the original way, as that's how i usually watch/listen. But i was on you tube a few weeks ago and noticed a new episode on there, and it looks like they are all on there

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo400jk View Post
    He hasnt blowed off a month of podcasts. They are on you tube. He just had one 6hrs ago. Plus many others this past month. Im not sure why they arent being uploaded the original way, as that's how i usually watch/listen. But i was on you tube a few weeks ago and noticed a new episode on there, and it looks like they are all on there
    A month is a bit of an exaggeration, but he had multiple weeks with zero shows, and most of his shows the past two months have either been day 4 (which is beyond stale), or some random live at a media day. When’s the last time he had an elite guest who won a fairly recent event? Gussy 4 months after the classic?

Even the fact that he isn’t uploading content to his podcast feed is a major red flag. He’s said it himself that the majority of his listeners are listening to podcasts, not YouTube and certainly not live.

17. Member
    A month is a bit of an exaggeration, but he had multiple weeks with zero shows, and most of his shows the past two months have either been day 4 (which is beyond stale), or some random live at a media day. When’s the last time he had an elite guest who won a fairly recent event? Gussy 4 months after the classic?

Even the fact that he isn’t uploading content to his podcast feed is a major red flag. He’s said it himself that the majority of his listeners are listening to podcasts, not YouTube and certainly not live.
    Actually a month is about right.. July 10th he had Jordan Lee on, the other two on Apple podcast were prerecorded Frank shows.. Most of his guests are his sponsors or friends now too.. 27 podcasts out of the last 38 podcasts on Apple were either day 4 with Frank, one of his friends, or one of his sponsors.
    1995 Ranger 481v

18. Member
    It used to be decent depending on the guest. Haven’t watched/listened in a couple months. Nothing he’s put out recently interest me. He should probably get to it though, doesn’t appear his fishing is gonna pay the bills!

19. Member

Im not trying to argue with your points. I think your are coreect. I was just pointing out that he has had podcasts, but they have all been on youtube. No clue why that is.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo400jk View Post
    Im not trying to argue with your points. I think your are coreect. I was just pointing out that he has had podcasts, but they have all been on youtube. No clue why that is.
    Youtube is the only place I've ever watched BTL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast