Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    PM sent for 60” upgrade kit. Thanks

2. Member
    Hi there, this is my 2nd post on here. I have sent you 3 pm’s and have not received any response to any of my messages. Can someone please send me a test pm to see if it is working. This is crazy.

3. Member
    Ron,
    PM sent for 2- 60” Ultrex kits. Thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Ok folks....I have quite a list compiled and I'll start contacting people tomorrow. My plan is to build between 6 and 12 kits a week until I complete the list, currently at about 30 kits. I'll be out a couple of weeks here and there since we have lots of camping/fishing planned, but I'll do my best to keep everyone updated along the way. Let me know if you find anyone else that is in need of a kit.

Thanks,

Ron

So what does this kit look like? How does one install it? What is one getting for $130?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    So what does this kit look like? How does one install it? What is one getting for $130?
    Here's a couple of threads that might help: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1#post12792076 and https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1201349
    My Engine Serial Number : 1B738471
    2009 Nitro X-5 115HP 4S
    Prop Solas M D3X13
    RPM Range 5800-6400

7. Member
    Hi Ron. I sent you a PM this morning with my contact info. Please respond to it and let me know what I need to do next. Thanks for all your help!!!
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

8. Member
    Sent you a PM this AM for a 45" kit. Please let me know if you received?

9. Member
    Pm sent

10. Member
    Morning Ron, just out of curiosity, how many of these mod kits have you sold? I sure love mine!

John

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Counting those on the list now, I'm somewhere around 190. Of those I had only 3 failures/issues. There have been 2 spring cylinder failures that have both been replaced by the vendor and one other that I'm not sure how was resolved. The gentleman stopped responding. I'm hoping that he was ultimately taken care of as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Morning Ron, just out of curiosity, how many of these mod kits have you sold? I sure love mine!

John

12. Member
    Interested.. Has anyone done a video of the installation and operation of the Kit? Looked at 3 different threads and couldnt find anything.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDom View Post
    Interested.. Has anyone done a video of the installation and operation of the Kit? Looked at 3 different threads and couldnt find anything.
    No need....Ron's directions are very clear and direct.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    No need....Ron's directions are very clear and direct.
    There are four different threads and I have yet to see any directions, on the water video testimonials or photos. Just askin.

15. Member
    There are four different threads and I have yet to see any directions, on the water video testimonials or photos. Just askin.
    They are very nicely done and, obviously, come with Ron's product. Since you've read all 4 threads then you know that many of us that have bought and installed his modification have reported back as to the construction quality, his instructions, and the actual installation.

16. Member
    They are very nicely done and, obviously, come with Ron's product. Since you've read all 4 threads then you know that many of us that have bought and installed his modification have reported back as to the construction quality, his instructions, and the actual installation.
    Quite honestly, i have not seen any install photos or videos other than proposed prototype with a 2 piston solution. Maybe the instructions are part of install kit. Otherwise, i had to read thru 200 posts to find some vague instructions from 2022. A little help other than posting 3 thread links with 200+ posts in each.

Quite honestly, i have not seen any install photos or videos other than proposed prototype with a 2 piston solution. Maybe the instructions are part of install kit. Otherwise, i had to read thru 200 posts to find some vague instructions from 2022. A little help other than posting 3 thread links with 200+ posts in each.
    It installs and looks like the one in the Minnkota MEGA LIVE/Target Lock accessory mount with an additional attachment screw through the mount arm for the cylinder attachment block. It's already been stated it comes with instructions so there is no "maybe".
    This the Minnkota upgrade mount==$450

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Ron,I sent you a pm but got no replay.I would like to order one for my mk ultrex 80 45".thank you.
    2006 tracker tv18
    115 hp mercury
    minn kota 45"ultrex 80 I pilot
    2 helix 10's
    6"jack plate
    mercury trophy plus 19"
    48.2 mph
    all aboard ladder
    boat step ladder bow
    boat alarm

still kicking the can down the road

19. Member
    Like yourself, I've read the threads with great interest as i was one of the very first to order and receive Ron's spring. So I'm well aware what's described within them. He's not doing this for a living, but, he took the time (and he is a busy guy) to locate the spring and designed and manufactured the parts for the modification so the Ultrex would accept it properly.

Since you read all the threads you no doubt know how fair he has been with everyone, etc. How many fellow members reported that the directions are clear, concise, included, and that the product is excellent and easy to install.

Just contact Ron and you'll receive the correct spring for your Ultrex and the installation directions. To be honest I figured out the general idea simply by staring at the parts laid on the boat deck and looking at the Ultrex. The directions simply confirmed. They also described the necessary tools for the install and the step by step process to install.

20. Member
    Like yourself, I've read the threads with great interest as i was one of the very first to order and receive Ron's spring. So I'm well aware what's described within them. He's not doing this for a living, but, he took the time (and he is a busy guy) to locate the spring and designed and manufactured the parts for the modification so the Ultrex would accept it properly.

Since you read all the threads you no doubt know how fair he has been with everyone, etc. How many fellow members reported that the directions are clear, concise, included, and that the product is excellent and easy to install.

Just contact Ron and you'll receive the correct spring for your Ultrex and the installation directions. To be honest I figured out the general idea simply by staring at the parts laid on the boat deck and looking at the Ultrex. The directions simply confirmed. They also described the necessary tools for the install and the step by step process to install.
    Thanks. I sent an IM to Ron.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast