Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Sorry guys….I’m getting bombed at my day job again and I’m running behind. The IM system here is very reliable so if you’ve sent a message I have received it. I will try my best to respond to everyone this coming week. If you want a kit and you can have a little patience with me, you will eventually get one.

thanks,
    Ron

2. Member
    Hi Ron, I would like to get the assist system for my 45" ultrex trolling motor, what's my next step and can I contact you by phone for questions Bob J.

3. Member
    PM sent

4. Member
    Ron,

I figured out that I had two BBC accounts and was confused on which one I was using. I am now all on one account and sent you a new PM so that I can stay on your list.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Big ole group email headed out in the morning ya’ll. My day job is all over me!

I’ve decided to just take a $75 deposit from everyone that wants a kit to sort the serious from the tire kickers and ship in the order that I receive the deposit. I’ll make a large purchase of springs and will start fabricating kits as soon as
    they come in. I can make 6 kits at a time and it takes about 6-7 hours to complete 1 (machining time).

thanks for your patience,

Ron

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows View Post

I’ve decided to just take a $75 deposit from everyone that wants a kit to sort the serious from the tire kickers and ship in the order that I receive the deposit. I’ll make a large purchase of springs and will start fabricating kits as soon as
    they come in. I can make 6 kits at a time and it takes about 6-7 hours to complete 1 (machining time).

Ron
    Hey Ron. Can you post here after you send the email out so we all can check and get you the deposit? Thanks.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

7. Member

Ron
    Please include a paypal link in the email/ PM to get the funds over to you.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Ok guys. IM went out several days ago and I've heard back from less than half of you. Get on the stick if you want a kit!!! :)

Ron

9. Member
    I just wish mine still worked.

10. Member
    Just got the PM a few minutes ago. Deposit sent!
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    I just wish mine still worked.
    What still worked?
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

12. BBC SPONSOR
    He experienced a spring failure. I tried to put him in touch with the spring vendor, who then requested that he send the spring back to them for inspection. For whatever reason, he didn't want to do that and expected me to provide some form of warranty for his failure. I've only had one other failure that I can remember, and that gentleman got in touch with the vendor and his spring was promptly replaced. I am a one person shop, well hobby machinist, that is offering this service at minimal profit just to help the fishing community out. I have made no mention of a warranty, nor am I in a financial situation to just throw replacement springs around. If anyone would like to back out of your deposit based on this, feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    What still worked?

13. Member
    Ron how do i get my deposit to you, thanks Bob J.

14. Member
    Ron is correct, the replacement part is between $47 and $51. I live in Minnesota we don't have long to use our boats, I was told 2 week turnaround for the replacement spring. I decided it was not worth the risk. I was NOT aware I could install the old piston. I'm just not accustomed to not having any warranty on a product.

I've learned the lack of warranty is the risk you pay for not buying direct from a manufacturer. I appreciate his design and it worked great until the spring failed. My confidence is not what it was as a result of the spring failure. Will another fail? I don't know. I am going to pay for another over the winter so I have a back up. I lifted a Minn kota brand improved lift assist this weekend and could not feel a difference from when mine was functioning from the Minn kota version so hats off to Ron for creating a functionally sound product.

15. Member
    What is the difference between what Ron is providing and this replacement cylinder direct from Minn-Kota for $100??

https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com...rn-more-anchor
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

16. BBC SPONSOR
    they serve the same purpose, but based on their improved lift bases they don’t go far enough with the lift force since a spring that small (in lift force capability) won’t equal the total force that my kit offers. You would, at least I assume, be provided a warranty with their replacement where I cannot afford to do so.

actually, once I finish selling this round of springs that I have coming I doubt that I make any more. It’s just not worth it with the small profit margin since I don’t buy 10,000 springs at a time like Minnkota does. I’ve just been providing these as a service to the fishing community while making a few dollars to support my fishing hobby as a benefit. I thought Wormdunkers kit was fine and that he had been taken care of. That just takes the desire to put forth the effort to offer the kit away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    What is the difference between what Ron is providing and this replacement cylinder direct from Minn-Kota for $100??

https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com...rn-more-anchor
    Last edited by Ron Meadows; 11-13-2023 at 08:50 PM.

17. Member
    Ron, You provided a quality solution that nobody else did. A couple of issues with the spring is a great track record for a new product. Some people these days are just spoiled! Go and enjoy and flourish with your talent and ingenuity.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

18. Member
    they serve the same purpose, but based on their improved lift bases they don’t go far enough with the lift force since a spring that small (in lift force capability) won’t equal the total force that my kit offers. You would, at least I assume, be provided a warranty with their replacement where I cannot afford to do so.

actually, once I finish selling this round of springs that I have coming I doubt that I make any more. It’s just not worth it with the small profit margin since I don’t buy 10,000 springs at a time like Minnkota does. I’ve just been providing these as a service to the fishing community while making a few dollars to support my fishing hobby as a benefit. I thought Wormdunkers kit was fine and that he had been taken care of. That just takes the desire to put forth the effort to offer the kit away from me.
    Ron, can you provide the part number and where to purchase a backup spring for anyone wanting to purchase a spare? Mine works great and completely satisfied. Thank you

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Sure. I’ll do that on this thread in the next day or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    Ron, can you provide the part number and where to purchase a backup spring for anyone wanting to purchase a spare? Mine works great and completely satisfied. Thank you

20. Member
    Just so everyone knows, I called Minn Kota to get some clarification. The spring I posted earlier is only for Ultrex units purchsed this year and newer. If you have a 2022 Ultrex or earlier, you need to purchase the accessory mount https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com...rn-more-anchor which is $450. Ron's solution is still a better solution then the Minn Kota.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast