Thread: HDS 12 issue

Praying HDS 12 issue

I have an HDS12 on the bow and on the console, they are linked together. The one on the console works fine, the one on the bow will power up, the HDS 12 will light up, then the screen goes dim, then blank. Any answers? Maybe power source? Btw they are paired with a Ghost 3 in one nose cone. Thanks

Is there a card in the one at the bow?
    Be sure you are running the same software version on both
    It could be the screen britghness adjustment also.
    Last thing perform a hard reset but save your waypoints before doing so

Did it work fine in the past? What generation HDS? It could be as simple as the backlighting being turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    I have an HDS12 on the bow and on the console, they are linked together. The one on the console works fine, the one on the bow will power up, the HDS 12 will light up, then the screen goes dim, then blank. Any answers? Maybe power source? Btw they are paired with a Ghost 3 in one nose cone. Thanks
    I had the same problem. I noticed the power plug was a little warm. I been using the same plug for years with multiple units. I replaced with the red one that came with the unit and it fixed my problem.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

5. Member
    Are they linked with Ethernet and Nmea2000? if NMEA also turn off the light sharing to make sure that is not the issue.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    Switch units around to see if the problem follows the unit. If it does, remove all networkcables and memorycards, and see what happens. If the unit still has issues, do a hard reset (your waypoints will import again once the unit is back in ethernet with the other). If it still has issues, your unit is about to go belly up.....