Little Lac Coutre Oreilles access to Main Lake?

Question for all the Lac Coutre Oreilles fans out there. Can you boat from Little Lac Coutre Oreilles to the Main Lake with a bass boat or 17' tracker v hull boat?

I can't seem to find if it is boatable or if you can get under the bridge? Any help would be appreciated. Looking to book a cabin up there and found one on Little Lac Coutre Oreilles that we are considering.

Thanks in advance!
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

2. Member
    It depends year to year on lake levels and often there lately there has been a beaver dam at the bridge on Co Rd K (to LCO). Then about 200 feet of creek which leads to LCO and just as you enter that big bay I've seen that sandbar build to "hop out" depth to float over. The depth under that bridge is usually sufficient. The opening though to Grindstone is also a crapshoot based on water levels. Midsummer tennis shoes and shorts in case you need to hop out of the boat if it gets sideways. Into Grindstone from Little Grindstone is against the current. It's easier in a tiller than a wheel boat would be trying to keep the prop in the narrow channel. I'll have waders in my boat, Alumacraft 18T Suzuki 90, in cool to colder weather. Little Grindstone is very picturesque. I know that you'll pay more for a cabin on Grindstone or LCO than Little Grindstone but if you fish after dark or come back "home" after the sun is very low you will find either pinch point all the more difficult. I find that SM are better on Grindstone, maybe just confidence/experience there as I typically fish LCO only on those days I'm blown off Grindstone. Not the numbers as Grindstone has IMHO but don't overlook Big Round if you make it up there I find larger average size there.
    Last edited by grindstone; 10-31-2023 at 03:00 PM.

3. Member
    I was there in may, and made it through with my 18foot glass bass boat. But getting back to the mainlake was impossible with the current. Had to get out and push. Was a good few mph current and roughly 1.5 foot of water. When I mentioned going there to locals they seemed surprised, didnt sound like many go back there. The bottom is river rock, was a little rough on the feet but not too bad if you do go